Tuff Coat Or Eco?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Koon, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Finally got this deck material layed down.

The product advertises 1 gallon will get you 2 coats of 50sq ft. I got 120+ sq feet/2 coats per one gallon. Not sure what I did wrong. Used a drill mixer to mix the stuff really good. poured into a roller pan. Used the tuff coat roller and really gooped it up. I couldn't get any more product on the roller and it went over double the coverage area advertised.

Not complaining... the deck came out really nice. Used 2 gallons and 4 coats. But now I have 2 extra gallons of product at 70 bucks a gallon, thats 140 bucks invested that I didn't need. But I'll find a use for it. Really a great product!!! 2nd time using it but first time on a large scale project like my ULTIMATE FISHING TOON.

Attached Files:

2. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    just got the email back from Tuff Coat INC and they said it will go on thinner by rolling. To get the correct mils thickness they recommend putting on one more gallon... time to swab the deck again!

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I'm using the AQ on the pontoons with no aggregate.
    It goes along way. I barely put a dent in the can with 4 coats on one side of a pontoon.
    Of course with no aggregate its more expensive. More product and no fillers.

4. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Going to do the same thing for my new console... having it fabricated out of 1/2 inch sheet PVC for a fraction of the cost of aluminum. No wood for me. Finally this project is coming together. I'll be posting my rebuild steps and pics soon.