Tuesday night Red Tails

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by lilgriz, Dec 13, 2007.

1. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    Friends, I consider my self to be a very lucky man. I have a beautiful wife and daughter, a decent job, a good truck, a dog, and a roof over my head. I also have some of the best friends a guy could ask for. I never thought that I would ever have a chef to do my cooking, but I do. Those of you that fish with us know who I am talking bout. Thought it couldn't get any better than that but now, we have an excellent dessert chef! This little Tuesday night venture started out just my Dad(Griz) and I getting together every Wednsday mourning to fish, BS, and just relax. It usually consisted of a case of drinks and a 6-pack of veinna sausages, nothing to fancy. Then it turned into going every Tuesday night and staying all night, because it was easier to stay up all night instead of getting up real early. It just kept going from there. Now it is a handful of friends, good food, good BS, and lots of fun! I've learned alot about fishing and alot about life out there on the lake. From different recipes(Lou & Jazper) to catching that monster fish(Griz)! I also learned how pull off a good hook set(Big John), and how to fall in the water(Captain Rob)! I also learned how to tell a good story(Tailfin) and take a solid hit in the head from a wooden pole and not even stop eating(Cotton John)!:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Tuesday night has been going on for about 5 years now and it just keeps getting better. To me that is what makes life.

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    David I agree with you 100%. I'm kinda new to the Tuesdaynight redtails. Having only been going on 2 months now. My first night out Captain Rob landed his personal best Flathead at 41 lbs. Just a few weeks ago my personal best Blue at 47.9 lbs. I've seen the pictures of those Monster Flatties the rest of you have caught around 60 lbs. Lots of good food, good company and good entertainment!!! Looking forward to next week already. Who's gonna catch the next monster? Probably not Kevin .....LOL.... I still see that full can flying thru the air.:big_smile::big_smile:

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Good food, good friends, and good fishin. Just can't get any better then that. Sounds like ya got it made.

4. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    It's not so much the can that keeps making me laugh as it is the searching for it later!:smile2::smile2:

5. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thats livin in a nutshell.Good times, lots of memories and great fishing.

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    you dog you sorry dog and thats all im saying bout that.
    ps hug lou and tell him thanks for the heartburn at picwick.:smile2:

7. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    When Robert was reeling in his rods the next morning...... He yelled fish on! I grabbed the net and ran down to the shore. He already had the fish on the bank.A nice striper that weighed 9 lbs. I think that is a first. He gave me the fish and we had it for supper that night. Man that was some good eating. Thanks Captain Rob.

8. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    I sure will Johnnie! Hey the next gathering we go to I will have to make sure the dessert chef comes with use too, then you can really be jealous Johnnie!:smile2:

9. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    I think I am the lucky one lilgriz. You guys have been nothing but helpful to me. I'm glad that I found the BOC and found you guys on here. If you don't know I use to work with most of these guys about three years ago and haven't heard or seen them since I left. So the BOC linked me back up with them purely on accident and I'm glad it did. As for the food, Lou rocks. He has opened my up to some awesome and HOT food. And for the deserts they are a blast to make. I just like contributing and so far nobody has complained (in a bad way) lol. Anyway thank you everyone that is out there I look forward to two things now. The weekend, and Tuesday nite fishing.

10. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH

Speaking of sweets, any suggestions for tuesday nite?

11. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    Man ,I don't know. Everything has been so good so far. I don't know what anyone could ask for more of........ Hmmmmmm.........Surprise us!

12. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    Well that didn't help me much. I am running out of ideas here.

13. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    I read a good recipe on here about a triple drizzle cheesecake. Sounds really GOOD!

14. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    I was looking at that. I'm going to investigate it a little more. I'm trying several different ones and we shall see.

15. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    I am open to whatever! But did somebody say CHEESECAKE!!!!!!!!!!!:big_smile::crazy::eek:oooh::big_smile:

16. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    cant go wrong with cherry pie.

17. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    I 2nd that Johnnie!!:smile2:

18. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    well you guys are messing me all up. Just kidding.. I made the chapel gobbler tonight, ill bring it and another.

oh and dave, dont forget my bowl and spoon, expect it washed. Just kidding, thankyou for manning the recovery of my cooking instruments. :)

19. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    Griz is the one with your bowl and spoon. I went to put it in my truck and got blindsided by a massive bear! All I heard was "THATS MY NANNER PUDDIN!" Then I woke up alone on the ground by my truck! I am starting to be able to see out of my left eye now!:smile2:

20. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    lol Well then. That works.

I'm sure its safe then :).