Tuesday Morning Cats on Nickajack

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by rsimms, May 7, 2008.

1. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I made a quick trip with Frank Farrar and his friend Don from McMinnville Tuesday morning in Chickamauga Tailwaters (Nickajack headwaters). Frank has fished with me before. But it was the first time with me for Don, and his first time looking for big cats. He done good! :grin: Don definitely had the hot hand. No real monsters but Don put several really nice blues in the boat... all "Personal Bests." I did miss a couple a "big runs" fishing with a big shad head... they just didn't stay buttoned. The chicken breast performed well. There is no doubt that Don is now a "chicken breast convert." Life is good and gettin' better every day! www.ScenicCityFishing.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't know about all this chicken breast talk, but if it works go for it. I have heard of a few boys using that but I have never personally tried it.

3. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    When "real bait" is hard to come by (i.e. shad), or you just don't time to catch 'em, chicken breast is a great alternative. Often performs better than "real bait" in my experience.

4. Copeland

Copeland New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Are you just using raw chicken breast cut up into chunks? I've always had great luck with raw shrimp that still have the shell on. Are you just rigging it up like you would a shad? I dont care if there weren't any 'monsters'....looks like yall still had a great day. I'd take that any time.

5. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I DON'T OFTEN USE CHICKEN BREAST BECAUSE OF THE COST BUT IT IS A GREAT BACK UP BAIT.

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Sounds like a great fun trip. Thanks for sharing.

7. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yes, chicken breast straight out of package. Cut to size based upon location I'm fishing, and size of fish expected. I catch CB on sale (2 for 1) and best thing about it... you do NOT lose bait unless you catch a fish (and then cost doesn't matter). Tough as nails and it stays on the hook... and what you don't use you can easily re-freeze.