Tuesday cat results on Ohio River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by CincyCat, May 14, 2008.

1. CincyCat

CincyCat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dropped a couple shad in a marina on the Ohio River yesterday (5/13) and ended up with a 30 lb bluecat and a 12 lb flathead. The bite was slow, there were 3 hours between the two fish and they were the only two hits I had.

The river was at 36' (normal summer pool is 26') and it looks like a fairly consistant pattern that everytime the river comes up the cats roll in. The shad also are back in the marina after being mostly gone the last couple weeks.

2. jg_gmc

jg_gmc New Member

State:
    west virginia
    also went out on 5-13-08 on the ohio across from mingo ohio in wellsburg. used cut bluegill and landed two flattties near 11 lbs each. hooked a larger but i guess well never know how big he really was due to a line failure.river was up and muddy and we were fishing an outfall from a sewer plant. hope this helps anybody with future reference.

3. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    Glad to hear flatheads are biting. I'm dying to catch one outta Caesar's Creek.

4. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    CincyCat, Did you catch the Blue cat on cut shad or live? ive never been Blue catfishin, dont know much about them. :roll_eyes:

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the fish guys

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I was with him, the fish were taken on live shad

7. late nighter

late nighter New Member

State:
    ohio
    nice fish guys and good luck

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That's some pretty good fishing in my books. Congrats and good luck in the future.

9. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for sharing the information, good luck with later fishing trips

10. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i know of a marina i have been wanting to try right where it goes into the river at the mouth, where you guys at the mouth or back in it a little? that would make sense that that fish stack up there when the water is up.

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i know flats slack up big time in high water, caught many up in feeder creeks and in eddy areas then. blues im not sure, but you look like a flathead guy Larry:wink: rollo

12. CincyCat

CincyCat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have a boat in the marina that I fish off of while it's tied up, and it is deep into the marina and not close to the mouth. But I do think the mouth would be a great spot because I always see fish on my graph when going out.

I did catch a 16 lb Blue Friday night around midnight and had a few runs I missed while not near the poles and another big one broke me off when it wrapped around a dock support. Still pleanty of shad too. This time of year it's hard to fish there with the boat traffic, so I will be taking the boat out and fishing the main river real soon.