Tues. 11/11 Report

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by 66TBONE, Nov 13, 2008.

1. 66TBONE

66TBONE New Member

State:
    Virginia
    We put out of osbourne at low tide about 9am. Fished all day till just after dark. I have to say what a beautiful fall day on the James! Had plenty of bites all day. It seemed to be mostly small nibblers but they where not stealing the bait? We caught 10 fish with the 2 largest weighed in at 12 and 15 lbs. No monsters but it was a nice day! Cut shad and live baby shads. They seemed to like both. The 2 bigger ones hit the cut. Looking forward to getting back out there soon. Maybe after this rainy spell thats coming in. Good luck to all and see ya on the water real soon! P.S. the nibblers did steal the baby shads!:smile2:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the report, sounds like some good fishing

3. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Its fun just reeling in any size fish. I think is been awhile since I caught a fish of any size...O well. I now have a cast net to play with. I hope I'll be able to catch some little shad.
    good luck
    david

4. thelastcast

thelastcast New Member

State:
    Virginia
    hey Tom-sounds like you did better than my wife & i. We put in around
    6 Tues. night.Fished cut shad, small threadfin, and eels till almost midnight around the b.p. & all we caught was a buzz! good job sounds like ya had a great day.

5. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    sounds a little slow, I hate full moon, my buddy has told me each time I have had crappy to no luck at all on the full moon: "3 days before or 3 days after" are better.

Hope to get out between the rain drops this w/end.