Tuckertown

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by floundahman, Jun 7, 2009.

1. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Tried to fish Tuckertown last night. With all the recent rain, the dam was wide open, and the water was way too fast and high. I haven't fished below High Rock Dam yet, but would like to sometime. Does anyone else fish Tuckertown? How long after a rain like this does it take for the water level to drop enough to put a boat in? We ended up fishing at Flat Swamp. Bait was everywhere, but we only caught 1 channel cat.

2. carolinamudcat

carolinamudcat New Member

State:
    Raleigh NC
    I tried fishing tuckertown tonight but after an hour and 4 snagged lines that I ended up having to cut I said forget it and headed to the flats. I fished there from about 9 to 12:30, had some monster bites but only landed one channel. I don't know how long it will take for them to close the dam, with all the recent rain it could me upwards of a week or so, and that's if it doesn't rain anymore so we'll see.

3. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    heys guys u probably know already but if not u can go to alcoa power generating and get daily water levels for all the yadkin chains, it saved me alot of trips.

4. carolinamudcat

carolinamudcat New Member

State:
    Raleigh NC
    I had no idea, thank you for posting. I'm a little confused about their numbers though. Does it say if the dam is open or not and how much? Last night it was open all the way

5. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    i dont think it tells about the dam being open or closed, but u might can find out at usgs.gov waterflow data site.for upper yadkin and lower pee dee. hope this help pal!!! good luck

6. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    If you click on the lake in question....it will show flow in cfs.
    around 5000 cfs is hardly anything and 50000cfs is ripping some current. right now they are averaging 15000-16000. thats average, at times not much and at times alot more than that.

I dont think they would tell you when it will be open or closed even if you asked.