Tuckertown report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by MERUSS, May 23, 2007.

1. MERUSS

MERUSS New Member

State:
    nc
    Sorry this report is late but been busy.
    Went to Tuckertown friday after work caught bream for bait .
    We caught about 10 flats largest about 20lbs but we missed alot of bites don't know just why. Also boated 4 channels with fresh shrimp, very nice fish to all about 5 to 6 lbs.
    Had a hard time finding small enough baits. We had 4 shell crackers that were more than a pound. I put one out on a large cork but no monster bite.

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Hey, them flats will eat big baits! I hung two last year on 10-12" white perch and I couldn't get them turned around. Just be sure you have the tackle to fight 'em. I had 30 lb. line and 50 lb. leaders and they were pulling drag even when I had it tightened down as tight as I could get it. I couldn't even pull the drag out by hand hardly, but they were peeling it off. Don't give up on the big baits, but a 4" gill is hard to beat! good luck, I need to try there sometime!

3. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    where bouts on tucker town wasu fishing up towards the dam or closer to hwy 49. only place i have much luck with cats at tuckertown is up at the dam and most of them are small channels if i can keep the whitebass away long enough

4. MERUSS

MERUSS New Member

State:
    nc
    we were about 1/2 mile below the dam. Most bites were in 15 to 20 feet of water on structure. The channels hit floats set about 6 to 10 feet.
    Im headed to Hateras right now I'll give ya'll a flounder report tuesday.

5. MERUSS

MERUSS New Member

State:
    nc
    Get your rod and go to the pond boy's their biting at Hatteras!!!
    Four of us fished at Hateras inlet for 3 1/2 days and we boated 319 yes 319 flounder we only had 55 legal keepers but heh that's flounder fishing.
    We used mud minnows, cut founder belly, and Berkley gulps for bait. So if you like salt water flatties nows the time to go.:lol: