Tuckertown Dam

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by FarmerGreen, Aug 28, 2008.

1. FarmerGreen

FarmerGreen New Member

State:
    NC
    Hi..I am new to this forum. Does anyone fish at Tuckertown Dam? Is the fishing better above the dam or below it? Thanks....

2. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I fish there a lot when I was a kid, and unless it has changed since both sides are good.

3. FarmerGreen

FarmerGreen New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks Crankbait...I usually fish below it but think I will try fishin off the boat above the dam...I could use a fishin buddy to help load and unload the jon-boat. :confused2:

4. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Welcome to the BOC, I used to fish below and above dams when I was younger and personally I couldn't tell the difference. I found that below a dam can be better at times especially if they regulate the waterflow, as in opening it up and closing water flow. Normally when they let water out the fish go crazy. I lived up north and below the dam was better in the spring when a lot of fish go upriver to spawn. Fishing above the dam was usually consistant all year round. If there is a wing dyke above the dam try fishing the tip of that or any other structure you can find.

5. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    havent fished it in 3 years but below it is pretty good if you can get there when it is not loaded with people......i either fish it at the metal fence or just downsream where the wall ends and there is rocks along the bank and grass behind you.......the fence up close to the dam i take a piece of 2' or so pvc and duck tape it to the verticle part of the fence to use as a rod holder...caught my biggest channel there in 1998........mack

6. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    correction.......fence was not a good word for that railthat keeps you from falling into the water........rail....mack