Tuckertown dam

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by DAKATKILLA, Nov 5, 2007.

1. DAKATKILLA

DAKATKILLA Member

State:
    CHARLOTTE
    do you guys know if its in good water level to fish???? last time i went there it was like 3 months ago and their was no drought!! ... and wat do you think about striper fishing there???????? wat bait should i use and how should i fish them???????

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I assume you are talking about the upper dam of Badin. That is called Tuckertown dam, just so we are on the right page here. Stripers are n't that far up there yet, but look around Old Whitney and a little farther down the lake. Use live shad and fish where you mark 'em at. Herring is the best bait in my opinion if you can get 'em. see ya

3. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Just checked the Alcoa web site and Badin was @ 3.9 ft down @ 3:00 and is on the rise. I don't know what you mean about no drought 3 months ago, but its been down @ Badin all spring and summer.

4. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    if your talking about top side of tuckertown it has been very close to full pond all summer long. been finding shad at water pumpstation in cove on right just before dam

5. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    You can get into the tuckertown tailrace you just have to pick your way in with the trolling motor. I've been getting bait there with the water low. Bait is easy when they aren't running water it's in the turbine area, but tougher to get when they are. It's hard to find them and navigate the rocks with the current. I know I'm going to hit a rock with either the trolling motor, boat or both but I bought them to use them. The stripers haven't showed up with force yet, but it won't be long. These cold nights are what I've been waiting for:cool2:.