Tuckertown Dam

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by CKT, Apr 29, 2007.

1. CKT

CKT New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    i was wondering if the tuckertown dam runs water on a certain schedule? sometimes we are on badin and the water is running and sometimes its not ? just wondering if they have certain times they run the water ?

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i havent notice no certain times they run water but if we get a lot of rain you can always count on some water moving thru even on saturdays but without rain sometimes they do and sometimes they dont. i wish there was a call number but i heard that would put to much liability on them for law suits when accidents accur. tomahawk always told me that when the local plants start up in the mornings was always a good chance they would have water running though. economy is slow right now so nobody working on saturdays:lol:

3. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    if u look online it shows flow charts for alcoa dams on the yadkin river

4. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Alcoa pedicts whether lake levels will rise or fall in the next 24 hours on their website. Generally, they don't run water on weekends unless there is a power demand or there has been lots of rain or it's expected. You're much better off to fish during the week if you can.

5. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Somebody forgot to tell the place I work for....:lol: At least I'm off some during the week...:wink:

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well you must not be working hard enough because they dont need no power for what your doing.....lol. i dont think they know themselves until they turn it on. the fish sure act like they know though.