Tuckertown Dam , October 17 , 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mintaka, Oct 19, 2009.

1. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Arrived at the dam around 10:30. Wind was from the west at 10-15 MPH.
    Water temp around 75. Bites were fast and hard before fading. Kept getting snagged in rocks. Nearly landed a 3 pound channel using shad. Fishing on a wall , I was reeling the fish in when , upon leaving the water , it gave a good flop and threw the hook:angry:!! There were no additional bites that day. All in all I had a good time and walked away form there knowing from that point forward , I would always have a net.

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Mason are you using a three way rig up there? Use a lighter test dropper line with your weight so it "breaks away" when snagged. It keeps you from using your whole setup plus line.

3. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    No. I really need to upgrade my rigs. I use the most basic possible. Main line tied to a crane swivel and an 8 circle hook. Now is as good a time as any to use different rigs to avoid snags. Thanks.

4. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Mason, have you tried a slip-float rig? I seem to remember you mentioning some issues with your eyesight, but Pete's (Wild Wolf Products) Kat bobbers are large and brightly colored. They might help keep your rigs out of the rocks. If you'd like to try one send me a pm with your address and I'll send one to you.

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    What Jim you giving away your door prize ?

6. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Dickie, We won 3 of them overall. I think I can spare one for our brother who missed the gathering:wink:.

7. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Jim have you tried on yet ,i know they work a lot better than the ones i tried to make myself .Also how are the wife an kids doing ,did your daughter get that little pink thing she got taken care of yet ?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  8. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Dickie, I haven't fished since the gathering. I've been burried with work, and Ruth and Laura went on a ladies retreat this past weekend, so I had the baby. I was planning on trying them at Tuckertown myself. It may have to wait until the end of the month. I've got a busy weekend this week too. Laura hasn't paid her ticket, I believe that she's going to go to court and beg for mercy. Besides that, everyone is doing well.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  9. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Don,t blame her ,she might get it thrown out if so it will save her some money ,glad to hear the family is doing well ,later