Tucker town ?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gearhead, Oct 16, 2006.

1. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    going to tucker town to give a try this weekend if weather permits. putting in off hwy 49 where would a good place to start fishing be and what bait would you use . ANYONE thanks

2. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I use shad most of the time, and drift alot, have not much luck at station, I drift form the just below the rocks at highrock dam down in 20' of water, just a word of warning bring 2 or 3 extra props I manage to hit a few rocks everytime i go out so just take your time and stay between the markers and you will be ok stay on the campground side thats where i get most of my luck but i'm sure there are many other great places.

3. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    thanks i'll give it a shot ,i don't have any extra props but i will look into that i need a extra any way, where could i catch some shad thats my biggest problem every weekend .hope im not asking for to much thanks for your help.

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    gearhead i use to catch shad in the mouth of that cove between bald mountain and the river road landing. try looking along the side of the lake that the wind is blowing into. the wind pushes plankton to those side and the shad eat it.

5. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Last year the gulls were flying near the bridge so I went to look and the shad were thick just below the surface within 50 yards of the bridge. That was the opposite side of the lake from the boat ramp. That was about 3 pm or 4 pm. You will probably do best for flatheads late afternoon and into the night. Cut off the last 1/4 or 1/3 of the shad diagonally back to belly and hook it through the nostrils. The mouth of Riles creek up to Bald mountain should be good.

6. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    thanks guys i'll try it out this saturday ,when you guys catch shad do you allways look for them on top moving around then throw your net or use your fish finder and try for the balls of bait behind the boat or what ever im not sure.

7. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Use your depth finder if you don't see them near the surface. They almost always come to the surface at dusk at T Town.