Tucker Town

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CATCHUP, Jul 14, 2006.

1. CATCHUP

CATCHUP New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Has Anybody Tried Tucker Town Lately I Now It Tokk A Beating Years Ago But I Was Wondering If It Has Started To Recover Yet . Also Does It Have Blues In It? I Was Thinking About Trying It Out.

2. striper

striper New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i was there in the spring and got a couple of small blues and a lot of small channels by the dam when the water was moving. but i haven't been back. if you are fishing from a boat i would go to high rock for the flatheads or to badin or tillery for the blues. from what i read on here those are the places to fish... for now i am limited to the bank and i have limited time to go and they are all to far away for me right now...

good luck..

ed...

3. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Whats up catchup? Havent heard nothing about the TT, but I would ask Hwy 49 sporting goods, they usually know whats up. TT took a beating years ago and I bet there are still monsters in there. The only safe way I have found to get to the dam is at the boat ramp near the bridge at the dam. Its good for small boats not pontoons. The reason I tell you this is if you launch at any other ramp and try to go upriver when you can see the ramp near the bridge there are ALOT of HUGE rocks there just under the surface. they are prop eaters! Also there is always lots of shad near the dam like Badin.

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    guys be careful behind that dam. theres been several small boat to capsize up there in the current. i hear the bald mountain area holds a few flats but i dont know what time of year but i would say sept or later.

5. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have fished a T- town lots of times each of year since around 1992. I have seen the number of flatheads caught and the average size steadily decline during that time. I do think the flatheads are starting a recovery. Seems to be slightly more fish 10 lbs. and under caught in the last 2 years. Too many people keeping fish. Most of the flatheads caught now that I have seen are less than 15 lbs. T-town will take a long time to recover. As for info., Hwy. 49 Sporting Goods hears about fish being caught but info. isn't reliable. Biggest reason is that they're so close to T-town and Badin. They're often told that fish are being caught but not told which lake or told that it was one lake when it was actually the other. They were lied told about the blue cat from Badin when it was the record fish.