TTL tonight

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AZOutlaw, Jul 10, 2009.

1. AZOutlaw

AZOutlaw New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Going to give a new spot at ttl a try tonight. The only dip bait I saw at Bass pro was The Bill Dance stuff. It was only a few bucks so we will give it a try. We also picked up some worms and shrimp. Any other tips before we head out?? Wish us luck.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  2. bass or bass?

bass or bass? New Member

State:
    North Phoenix Arizona
    Let us know how it goes.Will you be bank fishing? Happy fishing.
    ~N.A.F.C.~B.A.S.S.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

3. bass or bass?

bass or bass? New Member

State:
    North Phoenix Arizona
    Can you fish overnight at TTL , or do they close it after 9:00 like the urban lakes? What part of the lake will you be fishing? I've never fished there because I can't put my boat on their lake. I might be interested in bank fishing there though. Where is the best area for bank fishing and how do you access it , from what street? Thanks for the info. Happy fishing.
    ~N.A.F.C.~B.A.S.S.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

4. AZOutlaw

AZOutlaw New Member

State:
    Arizona
    We were fishing from shore and not a single bite in 4 hours. There was 4 poles in the water. Maybe I just suck. We started under the 202 then moved near the Mill bridges on the north side.

I believe that the lake closes at 10 and opens at 5.

If anyone wants to meet up there and show me some tricks or hot spots let me know. I would love to pass my love of fishing to my son but I have been having such poor luck lately he has lost interest.

5. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    LOL I know one of the best spots in AZ is under the 202/101 intersection. MONSTER flats in there. My brother in law fishes it every week, and constantly pulls out 20lb + flatheads. Last year he pulled out a 54 lber, and some in the 40+ range, so they are in there. I don't go there because one side you have to access it from McKellips just west of the 101. Then turn left on the first dirt road, and follow it down to bottom. Problem with this spot, is that it is on the Salt River Indian Reservation. Now they catch him once a month, and just threaten him.
    The other side you access by parking at Harkins theatre on the south side of 202 at Tempe Market Place....park far east corner lot, and scale down that bank.........problem with this site is that it is state land that prohibits you down there. Now this spot they also just warn him all the time.
    I don't fish these two spots, because I'm not going to jail for any catfish, or losing my truck, or gear. so Fish at your own risk!!
    I also know they fish at the extreme east side of TTL where you are also not supposed to be, they have a fence that is on the slope of the bank which is very steep. you have to get around that fence, then walk on a cement path that is only 2 feet across for a couple hundred yards. Then they fish at the furthest place you can possibly go east. You are not supposed to go here either, but you won't go to jail, they just tell you to leave. There are no "no trespassing" signs, but it is obvious you are not supposed to be there. They do fairly well there as well. Again fish at own risk. They fish bluegills exclusively.
    Just an FYI I pretty much can't stand my brother in law, so he is not allowed to fish with me, nor do I go with him.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  6. AZOutlaw

AZOutlaw New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I talked to a ranger at TTL he told me on the N. side you can walk all the way to the dam and you are okay. Also there was a construction fence that said for construction only. IF the fence was not there you could get to the other side of the dam. Well you could still get to the other side you just had to go through the opening in the fence.

Is it legal to fish at the Encanto Lagoon??

7. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Yes it is legal, It falls under the Urban program.

8. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    that is too bad hope the little fellow doesnt give up! I wouldnt mind meeting you out there some day.

9. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Hate to hear a kid giving up, give me a call, I can give you several places to catch some channels pretty consistently. 602 315 4189, or Ill bring you out to one of my spots, but one of the spots that I go to very locally, doesnt produce numbers, but definately produces quality when yo do hook up. How old is your son? Also are you up for out of towner/overnighters?

10. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    couldnt see the encanto image anyone know a way that i can see it? but heard that the golf side produces some good catches a guy from work told me about it.

11. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    thanks skunko