TTL Carp

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by HugeEuge57, Dec 9, 2009.

1. HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    If that's what you are fishing for....try dough mixed with some sort of sugary jello powder. I use strawberry, and caught a 22lb. carp on the north side of the lake....it didn't fight that well though due to the cold water....it only took me about 4 minutes to reel it in on 10 pound test.

2. BubbaCat

BubbaCat Well-Known Member

State:
    Arizona
    bait to catch the bait :wink:

3. HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    That would have to be a small shark to eat that carp....but you never know with the fish that people toss in the lakes out here.

4. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Good cut bait for sure!!! Anything under 5lbs goes on a 10/0 gama big river or a 10/0 owner ssw and a 16oz weight!

5. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Hell no! LoL five pounds? Damn Matt! That is a huge Carp. the biggest I go usually is like 2 pounds tops. I use the Gamakatsu Big River hooks for the big boys, but everything else gets that owner SSW for sure!

6. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Im tired of playing around i am going after the big boys!!!!! Hell anyone catch me a 10lber ill just tie on a 10/0 big river with the trailer hook and for the weight ill use an old spare tire or something.....lol:smile2:

7. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    shit i would trow that dam carp out on a craple hook and a 20lb musroom ancore:cool2:

8. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    that will work the end of april or begining of may up in the salt lol