Trying tomorrow

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Oct 27, 2008.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    well im going to hit it early in the morning . 32 deg. and all . Im going to go to rising star park again below dam #4 . went last sunday and did some good - finally , give you my report tomorrow

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    good luck robert, the fish were really hitting saturday---i didnt get on the water till 10:30 but they bit all day----hope the cold front dont mess them up for you.

3. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I was on it in those cold howlin winds LOL bite was off. Good luck Robert, Dress right it be chilly:0a18: I had on 4 layers plus frog toggs and i was still cold. 1000 gram rubber boots only thing I forgot was my tobogan and heater :wink::smile2:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    How did the fishing go brother, keep us posted!

5. chrisb

chrisb New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    hey good luck robert and save some for me.:smile2:illneed something to do when i get home.

6. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Hopefully you are not frozen by now. Man it was cold this morning. Maybe ya caught a couple cats for your trouble........

7. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    :smile2: are yall ready for this ! it started off me getting off graveyard and went right to rising star park . 33 deg. and 190 mile an hour winds. well i was determind to fish so i got my five layers of cloths on and proceded to load the boat in the water . first the rope got hung on my boat light - snap broke it off. well that wasnt no big deal so i headed up river about 3 miles and was going to fish back. well i got to where i was heading and after i got the feeling back in my ears and fingers i droped anchor and cought one baby blue. around 3 lbs. well this is a start - i thought . after about 45 min with not even a nibble i decided to move . I grabed my rope on my anchor and pulled . and pulled and pulled. Wouldnt budge. got hung up good 50 ' down . well i tried everything but it made its new home . Get the knife and well you know. well headed down river to another spot to hit another hole, nothing -All day .Well i decided to try shallow water to see if i could get something to bite - nope. well after nothing all day i decided to head to the ramp . Made a wide turn to get out of there ,and you know somebody cut a bunch of trees in the same area that i was traveling and left them about 13 ft long to be exact. o - i forgot to mention they were also about 12 " under the water . you guessed it . i stopped ontop of them - boat teetering . well about 35 minutes later i got free and made a beline to the ramp. but i did get out of the house today and got to fish :smile2: wish i had a better report for yall but not today. There is alot of deep holes and i marked fish everywhere .just not biteing today . we will get them next time.

8. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    dang robert, sounds like you had a stressful day----good thing fishing relaxes you. :wink:

9. chrisb

chrisb New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    well man it sounds like you just need to find a good buddy to gowith that way atleast you will have someone to help with tha anchor. well sorry you had bad luck but you will get them next time. well i get ready to leave out tommorrow so ill be seeing the great state of arkansas tommorrow and seeing you soon hopefully well later and good luck next time.

10. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Yep billy fishing relaxes me more than anything, and chris im glad you finally comeing home . look me up or call when you get in

11. chrisb

chrisb New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    hey robert you are guarantied to hear from me as soon as i get in and i think towny is going to pick me up at the air port and said he might call you to see if you wanted to come with well im almost there yahooooo

12. CntryCrazy

CntryCrazy New Member

State:
    Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    Robert, I can't believe u went out in that kind of weather especially in the river. Now a lake is a different story. Glad u made it back OK. If I hadn't gone to Fordyce to hunt, I would've gone with ya. Just remember that river has no favorites

13. Freeman.360

Freeman.360 Guest

good luck its gonna be cold