Trying to lose weight

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by truckin4x4, Aug 26, 2006.

1. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    hey guys i just started a diet and working out again. a used to powerlift on a regulare bassis but i had to have back surgery last april. but i'm feeling up to par now and i've been walking and riding the bike at the gym. i have been trying to keep my calories between 1000-1500 a day. so i would like to ask for your prayers to keep my back feeling strong and that the weight will just fall off. i will keep yopu updated on my progress.

2. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good luck on your diet. Prayers sent!!

3. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    Thanks jackie i need all the support i can get right now. well.... atleast till i get back in the habbit

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Rob, I see you're already walking, I was going to say fast walking is very good exercise and good for the back.

Good luck.

5. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Take care of that back what ever you do. Hurting my back 15 years ago is what stoped me from regular weight lifting. I wish I could get back into it. Good luck with your diet.

6. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Abbott;
    Rob, you and I are in the same boat! Except in my case I am waiting until AFTER the "Sept/Nat-06" to get really serious! Raven and I both have decided that it's past time we started doing something about the extra pounds!
    Just remember this if you remember nothing else!
    "You did NOT get "fat" overnight!; Don't expect to loose all that weight overnight either!" If you loose one to two pounds per week you will be a lot healthier for it and the weight will stay off easier and longer than if you did one of those "crash" diets!
    Having said all of that I'll say one more thing.
    Our [Raven and mine] thoughts will be of you and we will include you in our Prayers too because we will be Praying for the same help! :wink: :smile2: I have no doubt that by this time next year you and us both will be feeling much better!:big_smile:
    Fraternally and Cordially,
    Coyote and Raven
    [[[[[End of Post, but NOT the Best Wishes and Prayers!]]]]]

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I understand Rob what it is to be over weight.I'm a big woman and I trying to get real serious with it.My depression makes me want to eat and my drug of choice is food.I pray for you that you will find grat sucess and that i will also! Thanks for posting brother----------pk powell:smile2:

8. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    In my prayers good luck and God Bless

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck buddy, I hope you lose the weight. Heal up and come work out in the wrestling room with me in November!!

10. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Pk, I know what you mean. I'm also a big woman and I also suffer with depression. I noticed several remarks making fun of large women. It's made an impression on me. I've also decided to try and do something. I'm trying to get a second job and hopefully take some classes. Maybe that will get me in gear to lose the weight. My husband(vlparrish) is a slim man and doesn't understand the struggle. Maybe we can encourage each other and shed the pounds. Good luck, Rob and PK. I'll be pulling for you.

11. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio

matt i would love nothing more but to work out like that again. but....... i don't know if my back will alow it. i will say that i feel better than i have ever felt befor my surgery though. you never know i might just come down there and show you how much i forgot on the mat.

and thanks for all the suport from everyone else

12. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    well i am still doing good. my legs hurt so bad right now from the tread mill and the bike at the gym but i'm staying with it. i took today off for sabith sunday. i don't really like to anything on sundays well........ maybe fish. but just wanted to let everyone know that i'm still going strong. i started at 332lbs and i am now down to 222lbs. only been with it for about 6 days now.

13. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    I wish you the best of luck. Hope you meet your goals and hold it there.

Kenny

14. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    well i went to the dinner and a movie with the wife tonight and i really broke the diet. but i'm not trying to lose it over night though.

15. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Rob that is awesome man, in 6 days you have lost 110#'s. Did ya cut off your legs?? LMAO