Trying to find suckers.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by WhoJosh, Aug 14, 2009.

1. WhoJosh

WhoJosh New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    Does anyone know of any spots on or near the GMR in the Hamilton-Fairfield area to catch suckers? Suckers are my favorite bait for cats and i can never catch the consistantly. If anyone has any spots they'ed like to share, i would really appreciate it.

2. Lignum

Lignum New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Any large creek that has a semi deep pool and some current. And to be honest, I doubt that anybody would give up their honey hole anyways, you just got to out and find one in your area. I did hear about a creek down on Harrison Ave behind some old Inn...:wink:

3. WhoJosh

WhoJosh New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    Thanks for the info. Right now I'll take any advice i can get.

4. Lignum

Lignum New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Actually down by me Blue Rock Creek runs for many miles, from Sheits along Bluerock Road until it dumps out underneath the Bluerock Road Bridge. Some spots that are easily accessible are over fished, you couldn't find a chub with a search warrent. But other spots that are harder to get to will yield good results, just don't tell anybody about the spots you find.

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Most likely if ya dont pick em up on natural live bait.. youll need a castnet.:wink:

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i once walked a creek for "seven miles" before i found suckers :wink:, found them right in the riffles with a cast net.

7. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    hmm i wonder what he is talking about josh:wink::big_smile: , and dink good way of disguising the spot lol :smile2:.........RAT

8. WhoJosh

WhoJosh New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    Lol thanks. I've actually went there for bait before and got a lot of suckers, but when i try to get a ride down there from my friends, they say it's to far of a drive:sad2:.

9. WhoJosh

WhoJosh New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    Today I went to a creek that runs through my neighborhood and threw the cast net a few times. Normally, I don't get much bait with the cast net but a few small suckers. I also get only 5 casts with the net before all the fish go hide. But today, I got several bluegills, most were small, and a few suckers over 8", and one almost 12"!!! This is the first time in over a month that I have gotten big suckers with my net, and it made very excited:smile2:. Hopefully I'll get to use them at the river tomorrow!

10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hope you can find ya some. Usually they sell them here in my area but this year I haven't seen any.

11. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    ive walked that creek before and the only sucker i found was myself:smile2: