Trying to find an 8ft jon boat but no luck

Discussion in 'Boating' started by FordTruckGuySTX, Mar 10, 2007.

1. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    Anyone have any idea of some manufacturers who offer aluminum jons in an 8ft variant flat bottom. I can get 10ft flatbottoms regularly(I love the basspro ones) but I badly want an 8ft puddle jumper to throw in the back of my Sierra with my little trollin' motor.

2. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    you could find a web site with plans on it and build one.

3. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    My dad has a 12 foot Lowe Jon on the trailer for $500 if anyone is interested. Vern

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    How 'bout you put your tailgate down?

The price is right!:wink:

5. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Check out Klamath Boats. They offer an 8' Jac boat, but it is pricey though.

Joe

6. 710split

710split New Member

State:
    iowa
    A buddy bought a plastic boat to haul around in the back of his pick-up. It reminds me of a very small pontoon boat with a raised seat. It costs him around $1000 new a few years ago. He really like it for puddle jumping. I wish I could remember the manufacturer. Maybe Bass Masters, Gander Mountain, or Cabelas carry them.

7. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    I had a one man Bass Hunter boat, battery, trolling motor, 1.2 HP Aquabug engine and a two wheel cart with bicycle tires designed to carry a canoe or kayak.
    I used to pack it on the back of my pickup and it was no trouble to get to a pond or creek even if it was several hundred yards from the road provided the trial was not too rough or steep.
    Good little fishing boat. Sold it when my son came along and I need more room.

8. JACKSON

JACKSON New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Do a search for small boats. Bass hunter has a web site,Some companies sells boats direct from factory. I have a phone number for a jon boat catalog 1-800-682-2628.There are alot of companys that sell plans to build small boats on the web

9. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I have a Water Scamp boat thats 8'. I don't remember who actually makes it but it is plastic, weights around 45 or so pounds and made like a small pontoon with two sliding swivel seats, battery box and wired for a trolling motor. I bought it new years ago, I think for around $350.00 to use in some strip mine lakes for fishing and trapping.

10. FordTruckGuySTX

State:
    Caryville, TN
    i hadn't given alot of thought to the pontoon style boats. i may investigate abit more. and i have saw the build your own plywood boats but i really would like aluminum. i have yet to have any luck searchin the internet. all i find is 10 footers. i'd prefer to stay around 400 bucks or preferably less, however i can swing abit more if it really has me sold.

11. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
  12. FordTruckGuySTX

State:
    Caryville, TN
    holy moly! thats alotta doe for a little dingy like that. I have about talked myself into one of the little pontoons right now unless a good deal on the jon comes along. I like the way the pontoon style ones are set up. looked at one of the basspro boats last weekend. now, who knows who has the cheapest models? i've saw some that look identical with a big price difference.

13. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
  14. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I expected an 8' jon to be little more than a bad joke...I was wrong, that thing is the real deal. It would be great for pond hoppin'.

It might be worth the money.

15. JACKSON

JACKSON New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Direct boats has several small boats.They have the pontoon type, dingy type, kayaks .They have a small one man boat that comes with foot controlled trolling motor. It weighs about 60 pounds. I hope that this is helpful.