trying the jolokia

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by JERMSQUIRM, Oct 4, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ok folks. live at 2:11 in gonna eat a raw sliver.

here it is. ate it at 2:13. its getting warm.

at 2:15. im starting to drool. had a pleasent tingling of a smokey flavor. it grows with time. and getting real hot now at 2:16.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    wow. habenaros are hot within a few seconds. this one grows and grows. i ate all three of the slivers by the nickle. first one was warm so i tossed in the other two and maybe shouldnt have. still growing.:eek:oooh:

2:18. this is not for a beginner. the corners of my mouth are like a bad sunburn lol. i cant immagine eating a whole one.

feels like its numb but on fire.

3. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I hope this works out for you buddy.LOL

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well at 2:21 its stalled. i didnt eat the seeds and lining where the real intense capsasian is. but the spot on my lip and tounge where it rested feels like a welding rod is laying on it. there

HOT!

but i made salsa with them and havent tried it yet.

its intense. and i just hit the meat of the chili. WOW! but they do have a good flavor. followed by a wave of adreniline. nose has began to start running.

5. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    are you still with us??
    do I need to get you some help?? LOL:big_smile:

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    im here. its stalled. not getting worse. i was inteligent enough to start small.

now cold pool water. i jump right in to get used to it. when you go in slow you stall at the lower trunks,lol. like i am now. but if it were lava you would go in slow too.:roll_eyes:

im already coming down. but still feel like i just ate 12 jalapenos. this aint no beginners pepper. maybe one day ill eat one on camera. but it will take some training. lip is toning down tounge is still a lil rough.:embarassed:

time for another slice. heck. just as well feel it.:big_smile:

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    funny thing is. ive ate so many habenaros this aint untolorable. it has the lasting burn of a habenaro but without eating the whole pepper its tolorable for me. thought i just ate another bigger peice and my throat is on fire im still able to type.

whew! still one hot dog. and maybe without the intense heat of the desert area its just not as hot here in il. but i guarentee its plenty hot.:cool2:

8. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    did you grow them?
    and if so where did you get the seed?
    there are some people I would like to see try some of these.LOL

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep. grew them in my garden here. got seeds from ebay. still about in the 6 of 10 zone. but not slobbering. but for the lil pieces i ate. its potent.

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well i still have a pain in the nostril area where i rubbed the runny nose with my same hand i cut it with. other than that im about back to normal. 50 min later,lol. i never gor to the pacing back and forth wanting to die but i only ate a few lil slivers. maybe someday catfish talk will see the chili head eat a whole one. MAYBE!

11. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    my oldest boy is 21 and loves him some hot pepper.
    I think he needs him one of these.LOL
    he is a tough kid, he can eat hot pepper and smile,
    if I even think about it to hard,, tears come to my eyes.LOL
    he says the hotter the better.
    we will see.:big_smile:

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i ate a whole tobasco pepper right off the plant the other night. and let me tell ya. thell bring a grown man to his knees. im sure the jolokia would have been much worse had i ate it whole like i did the tobasco pepper. soon i will. but for now i want to save all the seeds for 2009's crop and to share with friends.

ive had jalapenos that were so mild it was like a bell. and had some from my garden so hot i would make your mouth run like a spicket. just depends on the temps time and soil. but i recon had i ate the pepper whole. ide been in trouble lol. just didnt feel like the pain tonight. soon ill go knee deep. its what there for. sometimes ya feel like a good old drunk and sometimes not. like the pepper burn. tonight catpaw sent me a pm and thats what made me try it. but just wasnt in the mood for the total package. not quite yet.:embarassed:

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Just wait until it comes back out....:crazy::eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2:
    You are a true chili head Jerm! I wish my stomach could handle them, I love hot stuff.

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Been wondering how those exotic burners were doing,I figured it was about time . Thanks ,Hope you enjoy them.

15. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i cant find any enjoyment outta those extreme peppers just plain torture is all it is lol to each his own i guess

16. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania

Nuttin like a little heat to put some hair on your chest!! as my dad would have said. Then again those things would probably burn it off. Put them in chili & go to a cook off.

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya its like football and baseball and basketball. its not for all. i hate all three. rather eat a lb of peppers than sit through one inning od the world series.

18. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Check out this ol' boy Jerm. He should be an inspiration to you. He is just about to die, but just won't admit it. Thinking back on when I ate a whole habonero, it's hard to imagine a hotter pepper, but these are twice as hot...yeeeeow!

[youtubevid]yRwdgFjWhOM[/youtubevid]

19. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya trust me. ive seen most everyone eating one on youtube. that old boy didnt even have a drink of water. made me eyes wata.:smile2:

thats funny. but them guys shouldnt have done that to him lol.

20. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    How 'bout the Indian girl who ate 60 of them, and rubbed them in her eyes!!! :crazy::embarassed::crazy: You ain't gonna be out done by a girl are ya? :big_smile: J/K. I'm sure she has been working up to that for years, but why?