Trying my Best to go Fishing this morning!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, May 6, 2008.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I set my alarm for 4am this morning thinking I'd be all ready to hit the Ohio...45 minutes later I'm on the BOC and drinking my coffee.:wink::roll_eyes:

I really wanted to go bad and am still am gonna try to but they still haven't put in the escalator at the river where I fish at.....:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2:

I didn't expect to feel this bad this morning. Its about to kill me to make it to the kitchen for coffee. Maybe the Dr. knew something when he told me NOT to fish for a month...:confused2:

I'm still going to try(I hope), its only a 2 mile drive but a big hill to go down with all my stuff and live bait.
    Just had to get that off my chest, it may lighten the load...:smile2:

PS~ This thread wasn't intended for Rep trolling purposes...LMAO!!!!

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Unexpected rain chased us off the river around four, you`re up so you might as well go.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

No rain here close to 50* also. I wanna go, I just gotta get the ol body convinced to do it.
    I had a REAL BAD day yesterday and am still recovering from it. Thought I'd be ok this morning but not yet.
    If I can do it, I think I'll head out by 6am, that gives me an hour to guzzle coffee and all my meds to kick in.:wink::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Good luck John, and no more accidents.LMAO!!!!

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    John good luck fishin just think I am headed to work

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Dan,
    Did you forget who you was talking to???:crazy::eek:oooh::roll_eyes::tounge_out::confused2::embarassed:

One more accident as bad and sore as I am they'll have to put me on a stretcher and take me to the hospital.....No, not the mental one either...:smile2:

Plus, I have my lucky fishing shirt on also,,,just ask Crab! LOL!

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You be safe out there Richard!!! Watch out for those idiots!!!:crazy::confused2::big_smile:
    Don't work too hard!!!!:big_smile:

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Send me some of that Mojo Dan, I need it so I can get out of here. I'm leaning towards 6:30am now...LOL! HOPEFULLY!!!!!:confused2:

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Its looking like 7am now. I'm just now starting to feel a little better, still pretty dizzy and lightheaded but I have a feeling I'll catch something, even if its a tree or a snag...:tounge_out::wink::smile2::roll_eyes:
    I have frozen Gills, Skippies and Shad, just not up to packing live bait 70-80 yards downhill...:eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "So Now - Lets Get Out There & Get'em Buddy"! (LoL)
    :wink:

11. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    man if you are hurting that bad and the doc even said to take it easy,put the rods away them kitties will still be there. no sence in taking a chance with youre health. you turn or twist the wrong way it could be permanit . but you a grown man and know how much pain you can take. good luck. if it was me id relax like the doc said.:wink:

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thank You Very Much! I managed to tough it out from 7:30a till 10:30a. No cats but a couple of runs but on my small pole with a swim shad I hooked into something that snapped the 8# test like thread soon as I hooked it. It was Big!!! Probably a striper /wiper or something???
    The best news is other than a hook in my finger I didn't fall in or anything like that. Very lucky, I did have on my lucky shirt on though...:wink::smile2:
    What you said was 100% correct but If I can get out of bed and walk, I'm going fishing. I already have so much permanent damage from my low back to my neck that I'm already damaged goods.
    I figure If I can grit my teeth and do it, I'm going to. Someday I may be in a wheelchair and not be able to fish hardly at all.
    As you can tell, I'm a Hard Core Catfisherman and have been for many years and will be until the day I die!
    Also, I have a responsibility for my fish-off team to try even though they would understand, that I'm sure of.

13. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Glad you were able to get out for a while John. Hope tomorrow's an easier day for ya...:big_smile:

14. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    John, It was good to talk to yesterday, I had no luck finding a pump. If I can brake away this eve I'll call you. Can't fish but I have some spots for you to look at if your able. One spot no walking step out of the car and at the river. That if we don't get stuck, but the blazer is hard to stop.

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    John you just need to get you a little red wgaon to haul that stuff in.Eaier that haveing tp carry it all.Put in wagon,strap

16. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    John you need to get yo a small wagon to put all that stuff in.Put it in wagon ,strap it down and go.Easier than having to carry everything.I put rods,bait,tackle box even my chair in mine when I use it. What ever you do just be careful.