try this bait out sometime.....

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by big water cats, Sep 16, 2009.

1. big water cats

big water cats New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i know that it sounds weird, but if you put a big chunk of boneless chicken breast on your big catfish hook, and spray it with wd-40, it is a very good bait. the wd-40 is a nice touch, because of it being so sweet the catfish are attracted to it. and plus the odor. try this out sometime guys and gals.

2. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    Been discussed before. I've tried it with marginal success. Only really worked great on a couple of trips to one place last year, then this year, nothing. Everywhere else it might as well had been nothing. I'll stick with cut and live bait from now on.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I've heard that before. I don't want to add any more petroleum contaminants to the water than my 2 stroke already does. Welcome to the BOC, Nick!

Bill in SC

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  4. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I've got to go with Bill on this one. I do use WD-40 for lots of things, Including occasionally put it on sore joints. But I just can't justify adding more contaminants to the waters than I do with my 2 stroke.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I agree with Bill and Jay on this. Welcome to the BOC Nick!!

6. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Does it help the joints?? Me and Marty could use a couple of cans. Welcome to the BOC:big_smile:

7. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I've heard it helps, I've heard it don't help, but I don't recommend using it, it will add to water pollution. The possibility of catching a fish is not worth risking the damage to the environment. There is enough pollution we can't do anything about. Channel cats bite on about anything, just experiment with things that don't risk damage to mother earth.

8. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have good sucess with Chicken Breast as bait. Last few times jug fishing I used chicken gizzards and breast, the breast always out did the gizzards.

Biggest fish so far was a 10 lb cat on breast. I jug fish for eaters, so it works great. I never do the wd-40 thing though.

9. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I agree with Bill on this. Welcome to the BOC Nick

10. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah it may catch fish but its also a great danger, there are a many of attractants that can be safely applied.

11. willieb18

willieb18 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have never really used it but I have been to the river with some guys who used it on night crawlers and were catching flatheads some 20+