Try some turkey ham

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by recordbreakin1, Aug 27, 2008.

1. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I went out a few days ago to do some flathead fishing.I was going to my spot that I catch my perch at for some bait.I was all out of worms for the perch so I grabbed some turkey ham out of the ice box before I left.I got there and fishing for the perch was real slow I thought to myself they must not like the turkey ham like they do worms.Well I finaly caught a hand size bluegill after about ten minutes.Another 10 or so minutes went by and nothing.I kept jigging around the dock and boom little zebco 202 was bent over I got the fish up which was about a 8# channel.I caught a couple of more perch and headed out to fish for the flatties.I set up a couple of pole with live perch and waited.After awhile I decided to try and see what I could catch with some more turkey ham.I set a couple of rods up with bobbers and a couple on bottom.Before I new it I was reeling in nice eatin size channel cats left and right.Maybe it was just that day thing or something but they seemed to have liked the turkey ham.I'm going to give another try the next time I go fishing and se if it still works.

2. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    That's awsome. Heck with the flattys.

3. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Thanks for the tip on turkey/ham. Might just have to give it a try...

4. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Well even if the fish don't bite you can chow down.

5. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Is that with Mayo or mustard? Never heard of catching them on ham....will have to give it a try

6. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    WHAT!?!?!?:eek:oooh: NO CHEESE!!!! I really need to do some fishing!!!:wink:

7. jodster

jodster New Member

State:
    texas
    I feel bad enough using shrimp fom the chinesse supermarket @ 3.49 a pound !!!:smile2::smile2: