try santee one more time

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jayjay101, Jun 7, 2009.

1. jayjay101

jayjay101 New Member

State:
    narth carolina
    Iwill be down 6-20 hope for good fishing could someone kinda point me in the right direction. with giving away your honey hole. what kind bait? :confused2: drift fish or anchor? be staying at harry .see some you down there. thanks.

2. nick81

nick81 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    as for drifting...IMO lake moultrie is better for that. they seem to bite well at night anchored in the shallows in either.

3. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Jay Jay,

Will have to agree with Nick81. The drift for ME is always better in the lower lake. I have caught them in front of the Santee Damn, not far from Harry also. IF they are pulling water, the canal is hard to bet at night, IF you can put up with the boat traffic. If you are around the week of the 4th we are having a meet and great breakfast at the Canal Lakes Resturant. You are more than welcome to come in and meet some of the guys AND gals.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I caught some fish drifting out in front of the Lake Marion dam with cut white perch the other night. Most fish were in 20-25ft deep but I did catch a few in the 10-15ft range.

5. CumminsPower

CumminsPower New Member

State:
    Anderson,SC
    I fished the canal this past weekend and did pretty good.Caught 14 fish friday night and 11 saturday night.They were all big fish but one.The biggest was 40+