truman

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by aaronm283, Dec 16, 2009.

1. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    hey scotty do the big cats school up in the no boating zone at the dam? I have tryed bank fishing it the last few weekends all im getting is small ones.

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    yes at times they do

couple of guys i know went a couple days ago and caught a couple 20s ,18,12 and some smaller .

all my friends are catching mostly small ones under 20 lbs right now off the bank at the dam .

the bigger ones seem to bite at night below the dam .
    cody and russ do very good at night durring the winter on the bigger cats using cut shad and drum .

every year at the end of january threw febuary they catch alot of 15 to 50 lbers at night with many 20 to 30 lbers , sometimes tho they say the bite wont take off until after midnight . when they can fish it and its not froze over .

they are still running water at times for a couple hours in the morning and evening . I feel when they run water in the winter it scatters the shad and fish some . once they stop running water I feel the fish will stack up better and better fish will be caught .

My dad said yesterday evening the shad was very very thick in the dead channel and flipping all over the place , I would try fishing off the docks in the dead channel a time or 2 with that many shad and gar eating and busting the bait balls I bet some good sized cats are under them waiting for a easy meal ..

many good places to bank fish in warsaw a few winters ago my dad caught several 15 to 40 lbers fishing off the bank at the harbor and casting to the channel ,, also the city park boat ramp is a easy place to bank fish . so I would try some of theese others spots when ya go .

good luck hope ya find some biggens !!!!!:wink::big_smile:

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Wish it wasn't so darn far up there.Love it up there.Thanksfor a great report Scottie.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Wish it wasn't so darn far up there.Love it up there.Thanks for a great report Scotty Reps to Ya

5. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I might have to head that way this weekend.

6. beshears

beshears Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know no trotlines or jugs allowed between Truman Dam and the bridge. Are you allowed to use more than three rods if they are labeled?:confused2:

7. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    yes you may i run 5 to 8 rods everytime i go .

just lable them like a trot line info :big_smile:

8. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    You are allowed up to 33 hooks with all methods combined. If you are only using rod and reel then you could use up to 33 rods with single hooks on them. Any number of rods over 3 then you must label them like you would if it were a trot-line. The bridge to concern yourself with is the 65 hwy bridge. No trot-lines/jugs/limb lines/snagging is allowed above 65 bridge which is the second bridge coming from the dam. Hope this helps.