Truman Tailrace or Missouri River?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by duckalot, Jun 21, 2007.

1. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know do to the spawning nesting time frame the bite may be slow.
    But I am going somewhere Friday after work. Just can't decide weather to make the drive to Warsaw or not. So many fish so little time
    :big_smile:

2. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I think truman is where I am heading !

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Truman has been pretty good throughout this spawning season from what I have seen and read. However, the fellas hitting the big rivers haven't seemed to be doing as hot. I hear of a big one now and then, but nothing too spectacular. I would say goto Truman.

A buddy and I are heading to Bagnell Dam Saturday only because we are bringing the bow fishing gear and gonna shoot some gar and carp. We will give the catfishing a shot closer to dark I am sure, but I would much rather catfish up at Truman Tailrace right now.:smile2:

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I'm a pretty hard-core river guy, but the river is supposed to be dropping here in the near future. I'll still fish it because I haven't got much sense and I don't like dragging the boat all the way to Truman, but you'll probably have better luck at the lake than fishing the river on the fall. Good luck, whichever way you go!

Branden

5. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Should have made the drive to Warsaw. Slow night on the old Mo. One small Flathead(less then 5 lbs). (The whole story in the Missouri rivers talk)