Truman Tailrace- Friday nights fishin fever.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by spoonfish, Jul 15, 2007.

1. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Several of us boc members have been getting togather on Fri. nights to fish the tailrace. We missed this week as we all hit the Mo. river yesterday.

Plans are to back back below the dam this coming Fri. night again.
    Bring the big anchor and come join us in riding the white water below the dam.

We have been meeting at 7:00 pm below the dam on the east side at the east bledsoe ferry ramp.

Anyone who would like to join us this coming Fri. let us know.

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Good luck. Hopefully you fair better than I did last night. You're the master though so you will do fine I am sure. :wink:

3. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Seth it was good meeting you and your dad and Mom Enjoyed the company. Hope to see you all back up this way.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Come back up on Friday night Seth, it's just a waiting game below the dam. Did you guys see Kirk out there in the channel? Sounds like his daughter got a very nice one.

I got the dam fever again now, thanks Kirk..... :eek:oooh: :wink:

Who's all coming up this friday????????

5. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    We are going to try and make it this friday night, The dam fever is contagious.:wink:

6. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Not sure where exactly he was anchored at in the channel, but I am sure I did see him. It looked like Christmas lights all up and down the river channel last night.

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Robert said he is planning on coming down Friday also. Not sure if he will be alone and have room in the boat for another or bringing someone.

Jim and I had a trny. to fish this Sat. up on Truman but with the lake the way it is I'm not too crazy about fishing it this month.

Drove up to the dam again last night to look at the logs in the lake. Never seen anything like it. If you get a chance drive across the dam and have a look at the logs in the lake. It looks like you could walk across the lake they are so stacked up against the dam. Also go below the dam on the east side and walk up to the spillway gates, the water coming out is amazing!!!!

8. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Hope to start coming down on friday nights even if it is to just fish the bank with some of you guys. I do hope they slow the water down a bit soon to make it easier to fish from multable areas off the bank. Had a good time shooting the bull with Seth Saturday even if they where not biting very good where we where set up.

9. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Sure wish They had a map showing the terrain on the bottom of the tail race it would be fun to be able to try out holes and ledges down to the bouys.

10. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well guys due to some unseen problems i will not beable to afford to fish for a few weeks but in a month or so i will be back at it.

11. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Is it the sudden 30 cent jump in gas prices. :confused2: That always put's a damper on things.

12. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Sorry to hear that Robert, I was hoping to see you out there so you could show us how it's done.:)

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Kool new avatar KIRK...
    I think Robert got grounded.....:eek:oooh:

14. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Was wondering what kind of bottom the tailrace area where you guys anchor has? is it large riprap or smooth bottom? Thinking I might drive down and give it a shot this weekend

15. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Bob, I am not real sure just what the bottom is but I have not had any trouble getting a good anchor to hold, I use what cabelas calls a water spike.
    if you can make it down friday night we will be at the east bledsoe's ferry ramp at 7:00, give us a shout

16. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was not as worried about anchor holding as iwas how many hang ups will I get.
    never been there b-4 is bledsoes ferry ramp on map? Is this the prefered ramp to launch from. Where from this ramp do I go to find bait?
    I have lots of questions as I'm a little concerned with going to a new spot with no experience, don't want to waste all my time looking for ramp/bait when I could be dragging big fish in boat:)

17. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    There is rip rap along the sides but if your anchoring out in the middle you shouldnt have many hang ups.
    East bledsoe ferry ramp is a coe. ramp. Located directly below the dam on the east side in the old river channel. You need a sticker or it's 3.00 daily use to launch. Just drive across the dam to the east side and there will be a road with a sign that takes you down to the dam and boat ramp.
    The old river channel has a lot of shad as well as the drake harbor ramp channel located down stream in warsaw.
    I would bring along some bluegill and carp for cut bait if possible as they have been working well also.
    Hope to see you all Fri.

18. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks spoonfish, our plans are to come down Friday afternoon and spend the night, probably take a little nap and drive home Saturday. Something about flash going off when taking pics of big fish all night makes me sleepy ;)

19. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good deal Bob. I know Jim (primitivefrn) and I will be there and also Kirk (cat tamer). Should be at the ramp at 7:00 pm.
    Jim has a river pro boat and Kirks is a sea ark camo with a cabin.
    We can show you where to locate shad if you need them.
    Bring lot of batterys for the flash.......:cool2:

See you all there.......

20. trashman

trashman New Member

State:
    buffalo
    was that sea ark out last sat me and my son think thats about the perfect boat we were out in a 1962 white V bottom