Truman Park in Jeff Co

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Fastman, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Fastman

Fastman New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Has anyone fished the at Truman Park in southern Jefferson County?
    Im thinking of heading there tommorow.

2. Fastman

Fastman New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    I went down there this morning. It was a nice little ride which ended up kinda in the middle of nowhere.
    The 'park' itself is nothing more than a parking lot, boat ramp, and over flowing trash can.
    The boat ramp is a long single lane concrete ramp. The Mississippi is low at this time, and the ramp was still easily usable. The ramp was protected from a boulder dike just upstream from it.
    There was room for bank fishing just south of the ramp.
    just north of the ramp was a creek. It was dry today. North of that was the boulder dike. Between the dike and the creek seemed like a good place to fish. I had several bites, but no takers. The current I would say was medium flow.
    Also, a MDC agent stopped by. He was a real nice guy. Stood around and talked for prolly 20 minutes. Highlights of the conversation were: his boss caught a 50 something pound catfish 2 weeks ago in that same area. He said skipjack were hard to find in that area. He also mentioned the 2.5 miles of bank north of this location was all public land.
    Over all not a bad place to be. It is out in the middle of nowhere. It is just north of Ameren's power plant, so there is a steady hum.

3. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Never been there and can't seem to find it either......Did a search for Truman park in Missouri, but only found Truman state park off of Truman Lake (didn't look like it was anywhere close to Jefferson County). Anyway, if you could give me a better idea of where this is I'm always looking for a new place to fish especially if it has access to the river from the bank (since I'm currently boatless)

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Here is directions from Arnold. Hope it helps. It is not an easy place to find. LOL

South on 55 past 67 exit at Festus, to 61
    Left (south) on 61, going under 55
    Continue south on 61 about 2.7 mi. to County Road AA
    Turn left (east) on AA
    Continue on AA about .2 mi. to Big Hollow Rd
    Turn right on Big Hollow Rd
    Continue on Big Hollow Rd to where it veers to the left, about .5 mi.
    Take the veer to the left and continue about 2.3 mi. to sight of Rush Power Plant entrance
    Just before entering Rush Island Power Plant, turn right on the gravel road that goes down toward the Rail Road tracks.
    Continue on this road to Ramp, about .7 mi.

5. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Thanks Kutter for the directions, I'll be trying that spot one of these days for sure.

6. Fastman

Fastman New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo