Truman or LOZ

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by PHLIPS4BIGKATS, May 2, 2009.

1. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Well it is confirmed. I'm going to be in clinton the 3-5 of JULY and maybe try and talk the wife into the 2nd. I'm going to try to get some fishing in for at least one of those days or nights. Hopefully I can hook up some of you Mo. brothers and BS and wet some lines and catch a couple to.

Later,
    Chris

2. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    Well glad to hear your headin for big fish country.:wink: As ya might of already figured i am in utah but i have been to the lakes ya are talkin bout a few times so i figured i would give ya my two cents worth. The early part of july down there is usually pretty tough no matter where ya go, ya see the cats are usually spawnin full steam ahead at that time. Now i aint sayin ya cant catch none i am just sayin its a bit tricky, If it were me i would try by truman dam on loz. Or any type of structure that is rough and has alot of holes like rip-rap or a downed tree so ya might get one comin off or goin on the spawn. A sure bet is to hire steve brown. If he aint booked to the gills he could put ya on at least a few fish, like i said fishin in early july is tough no matter who ya are but steve is your best bet, go ahead and shoot him a pm his user name is catfishsafari.

3. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I'm not lookin to go on a guided trip all though I know Steve would put me on fish. I'm just taking a day to wet a line and enjoy what it is I love to do.

4. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    depends on the kind of fishing you like, LOZ is like river fishing if they are letting water out at both ends, truman is more like lake fishing, either will do fine if ya find em.

5. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    You can't go wrong with the Warsaw area. After my dad moved down there last summer I went fishing my first few times below the dam and from the bank had no problem landing a few eatin sized fish including a 7 pounder.

6. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Anytime around 4th of July weekend is going to be packed by the dam. I would try someplace down river below the dam or on Truman above the dam on the lake someplace.