Truman Next Week

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by SHOWME, Nov 1, 2009.

1. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    My wife and I are headed back to Truman Monday for the week of catfishing, should we go on the main lake and drift or are they still letting water out so there is a currrent???
    I haven't read any posts of anyone catching anything at Truman for a week:embarassed:

2. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    They are still running water below. I have been catching a lot of smaller fish and very few big fish however they are there.

3. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    My buddy struck out today on the upper osage.Real Slow.The number for truman dam is 660 438 2836,then push #2 that will give you the report for discharge and temp for both lakes.Dont be afraid to fish real shallow.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I drifted on the Pomme arm today around the hwy 83 bridge. Caught about a dozen total, nothing of any size.

The lake just jumped up 2 feet in the last few days so they'll be letting water out for a while to get it back down.

I fished on the upper LOZ about 10 days ago and didn't do very good - after a couple of hours, I pulled the boat out and went up on the lake and did a lot better. Once you have bait, you can go from one lake to the other in about 30 minutes or so, so don't feel like you're stuck - if they're not biting, try something else.

But with the sudden rise of the lake and the start/stop way they've been running water, I doubt if there's going to be any real good fishing above or below the dam.

5. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Thanks for all the help! It's going to be too nice of a week to waste by not camping, getting too close to winter so got to take advantage of all the good weather we can, we'll chase the cats and if that don't work I know the crappie are up the pomme river for their fall run so I might give them a shot too, thanks again for the help:big_smile:

6. truman lake guy

truman lake guy New Member

State:
    mo
    i jug fished truman while the kids deer hunted over the weekend.caught several but nothing over 10 ibs.

7. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    I will be fishing all weekend hopefully! I hope to get a big one or two! I don't think scotty will be down so that will just make my chances even better!:tounge_out::smile2: Looking foward to trying out my new anchor so i think i will be on the river, but i have herd of a few people having luck drifting!

8. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Forecasted weather looks more suitable for fishing Then Duck hunting.
    I think I will make the run to Warsaw Saturday myself.
    Good Luck to All!!!!!!

9. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    My wife and I witnessed something that I've never seen b4---we were across form the Barry Bend launch, the large cove straight across form the launch, anyway, as we were just there fishing---5 deer came crashing into the water:crazy: I mean full bore--1 adult female, 1 yearling and 3 bucks:eek:oooh: they were chasing the adult doe--so all the deer hunters the RUT is on:smile2: I have never seen anything like that before, they swam out into the water about 25 yards until they saw us and turned around but what a sight:smile2:

10. truman lake guy

State:
    mo
    thanks,show me !! i have 6 friends coming catfishin tomorrow at our camp at truman, i have 2 coming to duck hunt and i now want to bow hunt thanks to u !!!! decisions, decisions,

11. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    We came back early, too much wind, too many coldfronts and the fishing SUCKED:embarassed:

12. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    Man I hate to hear that Bob, :sad2: I have been there. Sounds like Big winds for Friday, up to 30 mph gusts!! :angry: Hope you gettem next time!!!

13. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    It just seems that the last 3 times we camped for the week the weather just went nuts, nothing what the weather people said and it gets ugly. So we try everything and whne it don't work:embarassed: head for the barn:tounge_out:

14. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    medford and i might be down ,i need to go somewhere and give my mind some rest

15. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    did anyone here from morris last night ? did he hook in to any?

16. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If it was not a 12 hour drive,,, I would sneak down,,,lol

17. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    12 hours is not that bad of a drive for catfishing:wink:

18. duckalot

State:
    Missouri

I'm tied up helping my father in-law with harvest so its not looking like I will make it down. :sad2: I will check back in latter today, if I come down it will be late tonite for an all nighter.
    Good Luck
    Rob

19. truman lake guy

State:
    mo
    8 of us jugged truman fri and sat, lots of 6 to 7 lbs,, 21 was biggest.