Truman/Loz

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by duckalot, Jan 30, 2009.

1. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Any snow or ice around Warsaw? Haven't heard much from Troy,Scotty and I think our beloved local guide/catboat designer extrodinarie has fled the area to catfish in a warmer climate. (Or he is avoiding me) LOL
    So how about it lake Rats,Anyone fishing?

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    yes ice early in the mornings but if they run water out of truman the river channel is travelable and fishable .

dad said truman was also ice in some spots right in front of the dam was all ice out to around 500 yards dad said but did see open water and 3 boats at peir 1 and 2 .

dad is going fishing tomorrow in the river ill let you know how they do hes taking 2 guys

3. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    as ar as troy going fishing ever since i met him ive never seen his boat he usually goes with some one else .

i havnt herd from him in awhile my self .

get the boat out troy and go fishin and give us a report old timmer :wink:

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    My boats comoed so no one can see it Scotty. Guess it's workin.....:0a22:

On my 3rd motor with it over the years now but she still wacks em and stacks em.... The waters wet and so are the fish so they dont care. You can usally get in at the city park ramp if the others have ice..... come get ya some.......
    :0a23:

5. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    starter up troy im on my way woooo hooo . end of next week weather looking good lets wackem and stackem im ready :wink:

cold 1 day and 60 the next then cold again . but as long as the river dosnt freeze over ya can catchem.

6. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    well dad just called and most of the river is iced over just a thin layer tho he found a spot that was open and just set up now .

lol what a guy wont do to catch a fish :smile2::smile2: but with 2 eager guys wanting to catch some blue cats hes gonna do his best :wink:

7. catfishman352007

catfishman352007 New Member

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    can anyone tell me when is the first tourny for catfish or where i can look to get info?plz get back to me thanks i am in jefferson county can someone help me out?

8. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    well dad and the 2 guys he took yesterday didnt do anygood they fished until around 1 in the afternoon with only a couple bites . spent most of the time fighting ice sheets blowing down the river .
    they talked to 2 other boats that was out and they didnt do anygood either .

9. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    didnt copy right ill try again

10. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    here ya go talk to (bad) brad kilpatrick he puts on theese tourny.

during our rules and schedule meeting WE made the following rules changes

No stringers allowed (decoy type bags are still allowed)

No more legnth limit.

Day tourneys will be will now be 7a-4p

PROPOSED Schedule

March 8 (sun) Warsaw, Mo. Drake Harbor 7a-4p

April 18th Kaw Point 7a-4p

May 16th Kaw Point 7p-8a

June 13th Lexington, mo. 7p-8a

July 11th Kaw Point 7p-8a

August 29th Atchison 7p-8a

Kansas City Catfish invitational
    September 19 Kaw Point 1p-1a

Catfish Safari Shootout
    Oct ?? 2008 Truman Lake?

We also decided to sponsor a team this year by paying the entry fees to the 6 KCC regular season tourneys. but here is the catch; the sponsored team does not take any of thier winnings. any moneys won by the sponsored team will be rolled into the next tourney.

By a vote the sponsored team this season will be Team Evans (skynard)

for example: if team Evans places 1st in the March tourney and 1st place pays $1000 We will roll over $1000 into the April event.

11. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Thanks for the post scotty!

We will be having 2 tourneys in the Truman lake/ LOZ area this season. The first one is right around the corner, March 8 in Warsaw, Mo. @ Drake Harbor. KC Catfish & Al dieball's group will be joining forces for this event. This should be a great tourney with a good boat count. so dust off that ole boat and rods and reels and come join us for the season opener.

12. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    sure brad hope ya have a good turn out and everybody has fun !!!!:wink:

good luck to all the tourny fisherman !!!!!

13. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I hope to meet a lot of you guys at the weigh in.

14. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Dang the Ol mans slackin Scotty. :wink:
    Dont think thats happened very often.

Im going to call him up and tell him you and I will have to go along next time to show him how LOL......

15. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    hee hee ya the 3 old goats must of been sippin whisky instead of fishin lol

but the couple that bought steves old boat didnt catch any or did steve i was told

from herb

cold water brrrrrrr must of been asleep i supose lmao just 1 of them days :sad2:

16. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Hey where is the Damn the everyone talk about, I might head there in early March to do some good ole fashion bank fishing?

17. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    from 65 hwy south to warsaw take the dam access road right before the new walmart store and turn right from the exit stop sign . take you right to it .

if you come in from 7 hwy from clinton after you pass over the mile long bridge about another mile you will see a mobile home sales on the left turn on that road also to the left . ive took this road a million times but cant remember the name of it lol , any way will take you right to the dam .

18. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    you can have a great time in march catching cats , crappie, white bass, walleye below the dam and in the dead channel docks . if youve never been there Kevin you should try it !!!!! they put in some really nice large docks in the dead channel to fish off of :wink:
    and it wont be too hard to get bait just ask around where the locals are catching shad , if you know how to throw a shad net plenty of docks to catch them off of at the dam or at the harbor boat ramp .

take some spinning rods and throw some jigs or use a slip cork with a jig for the crappie , white bass and walleye .

usually somthing is allways hitting that time of year .

there are 2 or 3 bait shops in town to buy what the guys are catching fish on .

if you fish right below the dam off the rocks for cats ya really need a long rod 12 ft or so to cast out past the rocks or you will hang up alot .

the dead channel is a pretty good clean bottom and you wont have to cast far at all to catch cats big and small some of the docks sit over 15 to 20 of water .

nice restrooms, shelter houses with tables and parking

good luck Kevin :wink:

19. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    www.nwk.usace.army.mil/ht/TheDam.cfm - Cached

this link should help ya Kevin

20. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City