Truman/LOZ Best time of year

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by barbelboy, Feb 26, 2009.

1. barbelboy

barbelboy New Member

State:
    MN
    If you guys had one month to fish those bodies of water which one would it be?

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Be tough to decide, there all good. Guess I will say July. It's warm out for all night fishing and there coming off the spawn hungry. My PB was caught in August.

3. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    i agree with troy its hard to pick just 1 month for me also its good all year once you learn there patterns and different styles of fishin for them .

Im a fat guy and hate the heat so mine would be november /december

but i do love prespawn in the tailrace below the dam in spring when the dam is running water april/may

:smile2: see i cant decide lmao :embarassed: i tried

4. huntoften

huntoften New Member

State:
    Missouri
    March! Fish are lean and have little red meat. Flesh is white as snow and very firm. No fishing pressure to speak of and no pleasure boaters to disturb you. :tounge_out:

The summer months are fine, but I hate hot weather! :sad2:

5. WhiteCats

WhiteCats New Member

State:
    Oak Grove, MO
    I'm going to have to say April. The fish are still lean and without alot of red meat. There are less boats and other traffic on the water. Bait is fairly easy to find. Plus I am a fan of "cooler" weather! Kyle:cool2:

6. Reb54

Reb54 New Member

State:
    Missouri

I'm glad you said that Troy cause it's the time of year I am going to make it back there this time. Hope to hook up with you and Scotty this time while I am there.