Truman Live Bait

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by cback, May 13, 2009.

1. cback

cback New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey guys, I just found this site. I've been jugging/limblining for just over a year now. I am going on a fishing trip to Truman this weekend and have had no time to catch bait. Do any of you know where i can buy some green sunfish/black perch in the Osage Bluff area. I think that the perch stay alive the best for those big flats. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

PS Went fishing at Mark Twain Lake 4/29-5/3. 7 of us caught almost 1000 lbs of catfish on jug lines along the bluffs with green sunfish. Mostly blues with the occasional flathead. Not counting a lot of channel cat.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    You won't find either of those for sale anywhere. Sorry. Goldfish is about all you'll find.

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    First off welcome to the BOC Chad. On where to buy green sunfish someone here will be able to help you. Dont rule out fresh shad out of the lake. Hard to beat imo. Shad is pretty easy to catch with a cast net in Drake Harbor or in the dead channel below the dam. Good luck fishing. This site is full of great brothers and sisters willing to help.

Tom

4. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    there is a bait / fish farm over towards tabberville that sells many perch , carp ect .

I dont have the number right off hand ya might call city in tabberville or osceoala to find the number .

or send ( catfishearl ) a private message i bet he has the number :wink:

if you have no luck getting the number send me a message and ill have 1 of my buddies catch ya some perch and gills arpound the warsaw area if at all possible !!!

good luck !!

5. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    That place is called Dains fish farm.They ll have it.They got live shad alot of the times too.

6. jweber81

jweber81 New Member

State:
    nevada,missouri
    yes Dains has about any kind of bait you will ever want good place to go!

7. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Do any of you ever use Harrison Fisheries in Hurdland, MO? I hear they sell live bait fish of all kinds at a good price. However, I have never used them--I like to catch my bait.

Here is their website.

http://www.harrisonfisheries.com/hf/contact.htm

8. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hurdland is about 3 hours north east of warsaw

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Chad. Some good info from guys in the no above.

10. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    The bait shop at sparrowfoot had perch last year ,but its alittle far from osage bluff