Truman Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by killmore, Sep 30, 2008.

1. killmore

killmore New Member

State:
    Indiana
    First let me say thank you to all who post here. The Info is great and there really seems to good people here. Second, I'm heading to Truman Sat. morning and was wondering how the fishing was going. I'll be fishing for cats and want to get some info on things like are they deep or shallow. I have a small boat so I'm planning on staying in the coves and trees. Thanks again for any info.

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Dave cant help with a fishing report. But hope your trip is good. Be sure to report how you did when you get back. There are a lot of good of people here on the BOC. Good luck brother.

Tom

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Hope you have a great trip Dave.

Drifting is a good way to put some fish in the boat on Truman. Normally 20' and under is a good place to start.
    Fishing the coves and tieing to the trees where they meet the channel ledge can be good also. You might look back thru some of the threads on here under Missouri lakes and resivoirs for past reports posted on Truman. There is a lot of good info under many of them. Here's just one you may look thru.
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58492

Good luck out there..... Hope to see you report back some good results.....

4. killmore

killmore New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thanks Bros. leaving early sat. am. 8 an half hrs. and I'm there. Will post when I get back. Maybe I'll see some of you on the lake. Good fishing and God bless.

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good luck Dave. I may see you out there on Sunday if your going to be here still.

6. killmore

killmore New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'll be there. I leave on tuesday evening. Look for two guys in a small john boat that will be me.

7. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Dave good luck and keep us posted on how you do?

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Good luck! Have a safe trip

9. killmore

killmore New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well I had a pretty god trip. Man, you guys that live around there are some lucky folks. its beautyfull down there,And the fishing is great. Iwould move there in an instant if I could. any way I did mannage to catch a couple of fish. Most were in the two and half to three pound range but I did catch one around fifteen lbs. I was fishing a cove in the trees around the state park mostly but went up into the Tebo and launched out of windsor crossing went up stream to some more trees lost two then fished the rock face in the deep channel caught some small channels. No 30, 40, or 50's but still a great time for me. My buddie only caught one fish and a turtle. he had on two but they got off or went into snaggs. I've got some pics but they have to be developed yet will post them later.

10. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Nice, glad you had a great time:smile2:

11. catfishbuck

catfishbuck New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like a pretty nice fishing trip!! The big ones are hard to come by.

12. Propshredder

Propshredder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad you had a good time. I personally think fishing the reservior is much harder than fishing the river, the vastness of the Lake is tough to judge in one or two trips. Hope you get the opportunity to come again, Truman is a beautiful place.

13. killmore

killmore New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'll be back again... soon... I hope. when does the weather get to bad for fishing? I'd like to go back in Nov. and hit the river.