Truman Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Cut bait, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Cut bait

Cut bait New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Can somebody give me a lake report on Truman.
    1. water temp
    2. thermo cline depth
    3. Basically if their biting on the grand arm.

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Water temps. around 85 Aaron. What thermo I've seen is around 20-22 feet. Not sure as havent fished the grand arm lately but they have been biting well on the osage and pomme arms I know so it should be good also.
    Good luck out there.

3. cats only

cats only New Member

State:
    missouri
    fished last saturday between 9 until noon. caught fifteen fish. i was fishing back in hoagles creek. there biting on cut shad. although the biggest was caught on live bait. it was only 7lbs.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Jim and I fished up around smith bend and berry bend yesterday. Very nice day to be on the lake, but isnt any day. Drifted the whole time with shad and baby carp. Ended up with a dozen or better blues and a couple channels.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I drifted the Grand river arm near G14 and the Osage arm around KK Island on Saturday. Bite was pretty slow for the most part, probably a dozen dinks and only 4 fish big enough to keep. Wind wouldn't blow consistently so drifting was rather challenging.

Thermocline on the Grand was around 22 ft, about 28 ft on the Osage. Water temps about 84 or so.

Decided I'm done trying to drift fish in a calm wind, so went to Cabelas last night and bought a new Minn-Kota Auto-Pilot trolling motor for my boat. Next time out I don't care if the wind blows or not; I'm going to move the boat in the direction and speed I want to...

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good choice Marty. I think you will like the co-pilot.

We did have enough wind in the early morning so didnt need to drop the trolling motor. In fact on our first drift at smith bend we picked up 1 blue around 12 pounds right off the bat and then a cloud bank rolled in and had white caps on the lake. We stoped in a cove for about 30 minutes, caught another 1 around 10 pounds and it passed.
    By the time we quit the wind was also but still had enough for a slow drift.

Not too many days were the winds just right. You will definetly get the use out of the new trolling motor I'm sure.