Truman lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by capmadlee, Jul 8, 2007.

1. capmadlee

capmadlee Member

State:
    p hill missouri
    has anyone had luck since it rased? didnt know about where the rivers pour into the lake. like the grand or osage. have they came off the nest? :tounge_out:
    I was looking to go down this week when it rains and cant make up my mind. went on tuesday pulled a all nighter below the dam and only cought 3. one-eight and two-three pounders. not to good. it seemed like to much current.any ideals where to go.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I haven't heard any reports from folks fishing up on the lake, but at this point, you'll be hard pressed to find a boat ramp that's usable. Sterett Creek was almost unusable on Friday and the lake's up another 2 feet or so since then. Most of the ramps are at the same elevation as far as I know, so it's going to put a damper on things for a while.

Plus there's so much trash floating in the Osage arm that you wouldn't want to be out there even if you could get on the water.

The water is still flowing in almost 3 times as fast as they're releasing it, so the lake will continue to rise for quite a while.

I'd fish below the dam if it were me - you might have to go a few miles downstream to get away from the current if you can't anchor in the fast current near the dam. From the reports here on the BOC, the nighttime bite is the best right now; I didn't do worth a darn on Friday during the day, but several guys caught some big fish Thursday and Friday night.

3. capmadlee

capmadlee Member

State:
    p hill missouri
    yeah i fished three spots between the dam and 65 hwy on tuseday two of the spots couldnt buy a bite and the third is where we cought the three fish. but the first two spots were in the current and the third was about 100 feet off the island by the dam. we put the boat in the middle of the current and the still water. were the river use to be. the only spot we could get hits were in the still water and they were all small. i dont know why we had good bait. live and fresh. we used shad hole dead,alive,heads,middle,and tails. tried using weights from 3 to 12. i guess the luck just wasnt with use that night.

as far as boat ramps.i think there over rated. i only have a 14foot jon boat with a 9.9 motor i dont even have a trailer for it.we just throw it in the back of the truck and go. i can get off any bridge with water under it.

thanks for the info though.

any news on the spwan?