Truman Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Angler2007, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm going to staying in Tightwad on Sun. and Mon. I was wondering if anyone has been doing any crappie fishing in that area lately? Was thinking about driving over to the dam area if the lake fishing isn't any good. Can someone give me directions to the launch ramp over there? Do you think a person could catch some walleye or wipers? Any info on the dam would be greatly appreciated since I've never fished it before.

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I have heard a few reports that crappie are being caught at windsor crossing on the tebo arm. Would be a close area for you if your staying at tightwad.
    I know they have been catching crappie, white bass and a few walleyes below the dam also.
    There is a ramp on the west end of the dam, go to the dam and follow the road west off the dam past shawnee bend golf course and the road will end at the shawnee bend ramp.
    There is another ramp below the dam on the east end. Go across the dam headed east and follow the signs to the east bledso ferry ramp below the dam. You can also bank fish on either side below the dam and it can be very productive during the spring, I prefer the west side (west bledso ferry).

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
  4. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the info. I sure hope it warms back up a few degrees between now and then. We planned this trip a month ago, darn mother nature for throwing this cold front in here. If you see a 20' camo express center console down there this weekend chances are it is me. Thanks again!

5. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Dave, Mother nature might not have anything to do with it. My brother and I have desided that the weather is due to the fact that my sister-in-law just might be the wicked witch of the north and SHE might control this crappy weather!