Truman Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by skunkrivapokat, Jul 2, 2006.

1. skunkrivapokat

skunkrivapokat New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hello all--

I am originally from big cat country in the southeast corner of Iowa where the Des Moines, Mississippi, and Skunk River all flow. I live in St. Louis now and recently took a new job in Warrensburg Missouri. I am dieing to fish Truman but I dont know much about the lake. I would really like to find someone to show me the ropes. If there is anyone that would like to hook up and do some fishin down at Truman let me know. I am in Warrensburg from Sunday evenings until Thursday evenings. Hope to hook up with some fellow brothers. Good Luck to everyone!!

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Hi Zack
    Truman and LOZ are some of the best catfishing lakes around. I live in Warsaw and fish them both quite a bit. I would be more than happy to do a little fishing some time with you. Jim (Primitivefrn) and I are fishing a tournament this saturday on Truman on the upper Osage (Brushy Creek access). Its at Osceola if you can make it there we will be in Jim's River Pro boat.
    I like to drift fish this time of the year and it produces really well. The blue cat are coming off there nests and will be biting well. The flat heads are still on the nest and will be coming off soon also.
    Let me know and will try to schedule and go some time.
    Troy

3. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    pokat -

I'm right here in Warrensburg, for the last 26 years. I fish Truman a lot, but I am not an expert on cats. I can teach you the lake, however, as soon as I get my boat back from the shop. It's getting a new lower unit thanks to Truman. Couple of other guys I've learned a lot from around here, but apparently I'm a slow learner. Haven't caught the big cats everyone else is into.

PM me and give me some contact info when you get a chance.

4. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Oh larry dont be hard on yourself ,you use to fish for bass it make you alittle slow ,but you will come around, zack i live here in warrensburg and fish truman ,loz, mo river ,this month i wont get much fishing done but i will get ahold of you and we can head down one week night for a couple of hours

5. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    I have some in-laws that live in Centerview. I'll have to get in touch with some of you the next time I come up there to visit. Maybe we can wet a hook!

6. skunkrivapokat

skunkrivapokat New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Larry--

Hey tried to PM ya but it wont let me says I need to post more so if you get this I am trying to get my posts up to PM ya. If you get a chance PM me with some contact info and I will get a hold of you. Like I said I am here all week and select weekends like this weekend I have to work for a while. Being an electrician the work never seems to end.

Zack