Truman lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by primitivefrn, Jun 18, 2006.

1. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    went to smith bend, today, one bite one blue, weight 18, put the old greenwood trick, to shad, and caught him had hard time finding shad.
    Jim

2. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    atleast your fishing ,been busy latley but plan on getting on the water next weekend ,been awhile the gathering was the last time i had the boat out .

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Nice fish Jim. Way to go!
    The old trick most have worked LOL.
    You better get those cob webs blow'n out of that boat Robert. Hopefully the blues will be coming off the nests and will try to get back out myself.

4. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    plan on coming down next saturday below the dam well see

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
  6. Fastman

Fastman New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Nice fish there Spoon. I might try to find one of those next weekend.
    Fastman

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Nice flathead!!!!!I seem to be stuck on 38lbs.I catch a lot in the 30s but cant seem to bust out,however I don't often fish deliberately for flats.Most come coincidently with fishing for Blues.:smile2:

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Jim, let me know when your going out. I got to try these new reels out. Hopefully the blues will be of the nest and should be hungry.

9. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Tryed drifting this weekend for the first time, It was great and the fish were at about 15' on a flat. Great night and really enjoyed drifting for the first time.

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Lyle, you can really pick up a lot of fish by drifting. I pretty well give up on anchoring when the drifting is good unless I'm after flatheads. If your coming to the Truman Brushy Creek tournament on July 8th I can show you what kind of a rig that works the best for me.

11. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    That would be great but I am wanting to go to Lousiansa Mo. for a U.S. Cat tourny that day. But if I don't I will sure be a Brush creek. Thanks for the invite though. I will try to make it the next month.

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Going back out later this evening to try some drifting and jug fishing. The wind seems about perfect today. Seven day forcast is calling for mid-nintys but thats a lot better then mid-hundreds we had. Plan to set some floating jugs out on the flats set around 6 foot for blues tonight. I put a 8 in. glow stick in each jug and they really show up at night. If you see a bunch of flo. jugs all glowing this evening stop and say hey.

13. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Where you going to be, Spoonfish? Also, make sure some jugs are over 13 feet of water. Turned out to be a real factor yesterday. From G-35 to G-42 to KK island, if you weren't in 12 - 15 feet, fishing was slow. We missed you yesterday morning. We couldn't have been 1/4 mile away most of the morning. Good luck tonight.

14. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Just got back in. Took the o' lady and the kids and ended up keeping 2 limits of channels and 2 limits of blues for the freezer. Nothing we caught went over 4 lbs. though, and threw back several dinks but we had fun. I noticed a channel cat that I filleted was full of eggs. Seems the spawn this year is really spread out. You would think with the 100+ degree weather weve had they would be about done. From what Ive seen and herd very few flatheads and the bigger blues have been caught lately.

15. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well going to try to make it down this weekend troy ,will have to see what the temp is i will call friday if i coming down dont know whats up with the flathead spawn ,no one is catching any at sparrowfoot.

16. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Let me know if your headed down Robert. I will ride along if you have room, if not I can take mine out also.

17. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I drifted last Friday evening around G14 and the bite was pretty good until the wind quit blowing around 10pm. Probably 15 or so fish between the two of us in about 3 hours.

Nothing of any size though, which is typical of my entire drift fishing experience thus far - I think the biggest fish we've *ever* caught while drifting was around 10 lbs or so. I'm beginning to question whether you can really catch any big fish by drifting. Sure, it's fun to catch a lot of little ones, but I'd really like to hook into something a bit bigger one of these days...

18. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Keep after em Marty, I've caught some really nice blues by drifting. If your not doing any thing this week end come on down to KK. Maybe several of us can get together and deplete the population a little bit. I keep thinking the Big blues are going to turn on any day now, getting tired of the dinks myself but it beats nothing I guess. I figure if you spend the time on the water it just a matter of time before Moby makes a mistake and bends the rod over. Can't catch em at home, anyone else that can make it this week end let us know and come join us.....:0a22: :0a23:

19. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I'll be down there at some point this weekend, I think.

Grandma is turning 93 so they're having a big party for her on Saturday afternoon. And I've been wanting to take my wife drifting with me, since she's never been. So we might make it down late in the day on Saturday and into the evening, or possibly on Sunday morning.

Or if she decides she doesn't want to go this weekend, I'll almost certainly come down either alone or with my 9-year-old on Saturday morning and maybe again on Sunday morning.

The only thing that's starting to cloud my judgement is the moderate success we had on the Missouri River last weekend, combined with the fact that it's 30 minutes from my house versus 90 minutes (and $60 in gas round-trip) to get to Truman...

If you see me out there, stop by and say howdy. We'll be drifting around KK in my tan colored Xpress with 2 seats side-by-side on the rear deck. I'll also have my Grayline bait tank up in front of the console...

20. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Sounds good Marty,
    Hopefully Robert will get back on here by tomorrow and we will figure when he is coming down and we can meet up one day this wk. end. Hope your Gradmother has a wonderful B-day!

Anyone else that would like to come to the lake to try some drifting this wk. end let us know and we will meet you there. Chances are I will go out of Osage Bluff to dock will let you know for sure.