Truman Lake. Week end fishing fever.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by spoonfish, Aug 29, 2007.

1. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Figured I would change the thread title name as most of us are now fishing up on the lake instead of below the dam. Anyone with a report about the lake let us know.

Jim and I have been fishing every Saturday some where on the lake and have been catching some nice blues.
    Have been trying several new locations around the lake and they have all been producing fish.
    Big shad, cut and live has been the best. We plan to be going again Saturday morning this week if anyone else is intrested I think we might try the Tebo arm this week.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    It's going to be a zoo on the lake this weekend - the last big holiday weekend of the year and most folks haven't been able to get on the lake all summer due to the water levels.

Get there early and get off the water before it gets crazy! (I'll be one of the crazies getting out there mid-morning pulling the kids behind my ski boat...)

I've never done worth a hoot trying to fish on holiday weekends...

3. osage

osage New Member

State:
    Grain Valley Mo.
    I am work 8hours Saturday and 8hours Monday. Can't wait to see that paycheck!
    :crazy:

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    We will be up into the lake where they cant ski to well.:wink:
    If all else fails I will throw out the anchor retrieval ball and have Jim tow me around.:cool2:

Plan to meet at 7:00 am at windsor crossing if anyone else wants to go.

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Sounds like fun!

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    LOL, Jim was wondering what we were going to do with that big ol thing....:go:

7. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Im going to bank fish below the dam sat and sun. good luck up on the lake!

8. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    ILL BE DOWN BELOW DAM THIS WEEKEND ALSO.

9. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Troy, what's the productive method on Truman right now. You and Jim been anchoring, drifting, trolling???

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Drifting has been productive Doug. Last week end we anchored for only a short time while waiting for a small storm to pass. We did catch 1 around 10 pounds while anchored and had a couple other bites.
    Our two biggest fish were caught while anchored the week before.
    Usally if were looking for numbers and in a area were it's possible to do so we will drift. If were after moby were usally anchored.

11. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    troy has shad been hard to get since the shut the water down?

12. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Last week when I went I just would cast out in front of me whenever they came by kept me in bait. Where will u be at on the bank.

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I havent tried to get any below the dam lately Aaron. Maybe one of the guys will chime in thats been fishing below.

See Jeff allready did, thanks man!

14. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    The reports I hear are that shad has been scattered lately on the lake, but I think that's more due to the storms we had last week than the lack of water running at the dam. Things might get back to "normal" by the weekend, just in time for the crazies (like me!) to go scatter them again...

On the river, they've been running water in the afternoon lately - don't know if that'll hold up for the weekend or not; I doubt it. I'd still check all the normal spots for shad - Drake Harbor, the coves, etc. - use your sonar and eventually you'll find them.

Either way, I'd plan on spending a good 90 minutes to 2 hours looking for bait - if you find it sooner, consider yourself lucky!

15. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    jeff i am planing on going on the west side just above the stairs leading down to the river.

16. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good luck out there guys this week end.
    Aaron you might also try the old river channel for shad. After dark there usally in there.

17. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    jeff are you going to fish this week end?

18. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Seth are you going to be fishing the tailrace this week end?

19. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Probably will just not sure when yet. I will come over and look you up Aaron.
    What do I look for I drive a red Dodge 1500 1994 2 wheel drive long bed.

20. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    jeff i drive a 95 silver ford truck iowa plates.