Truman Lake Nov 29 - Informal Winter Tourney Series

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by Mr.T, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I'm organizing a very informal "tournament" series for this winter on Truman Lake - it's not a real "tournament" and isn't sanctioned by any group or organization; it's more about fun and getting out to fish in the winter than about stiff competition and making lots of money. The rules are intentionally simple and the entry fee is low with 100% payout.

The first event will be Saturday, November 29, launching from Osage Bluff at noon.

Read all about it in the Missouri ACATS forum: http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96495

Hope to see lots of folks there!

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Well with the demise of Missouri ACATS and no suitable place on the BOC to discuss or "market" the winter tournament series so that anglers on Truman Lake would actually know about it, I think I'll just cancel the idea and spend the winter fishing for fun instead...

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like a great time, thanks for the update

4. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    What happened to Mo ACATS? I thought their tournament trail was running well.

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Tournament was doing very well Chris. All I can tell you is the owner of acats made the decission not to pursue any further activitys at this point.

Nothing more than a name change if we decide to pursue it again in 09. There's plenty of trnys. ever month now on Truman and LOZ so not to worry. Brush Creek and Taberville have them once a month along with several others.

Marty dont worry about everyone seeing it. You only have so many from around here that will fish anyway and they will see it. If you put it under the Mo. threads just call it a monthly gathering....:wink: