Truman Lake (Kansas)

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Rajun_Cajun, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    well barbel and i along with my father all went out to truman damn. i caught my first blue!!! woot!!! but it was small so i dont want it to count as my first lol. but i was glad i actually caught on. the lady at the hotel said wednesday morning a guy caught a 60lb blue below the damn so barbel and i got pretty "siked". barbel caught his first wiper, so he was pretty exstatic. but we caught a couple of tiny channels and that was about it, but we really had alot of fun and we hope to go out there sometime this summer and catch some eater blues and channels.

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congrats , I hope that is the beginning of a very fish productive season for you and Barbel. Good luck the rest of the way. :)

3. CatfishSam

CatfishSam New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Cool I'd like to go there someday, how many fisherman was there?

4. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    congrats on your first blue. keep fishing the dam and sooner or later you will hook in to a hog.

5. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    The next time you go there fishing stop by cat fish aint ugly bait & tackle shop & say hi to miss Betty she is the owner tell her the ole stump jumper sent you she has a lot of good stuff. Ole stump jumper

6. retired stump jumper

State:
    KANSAS
    hey Rajon Cajon miss Betty has everything a catman will need to fish with. Even T shirts & caps. She will even tell you where to go, fishing that is.

7. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Well this could be some useful information. Do you know the address to the store off the top of your head, or the city? The only places we stopped at were a bait shop in Clinton and Bushwackers, one that is near the dam. The one in Clinton was really nice, and Bushwackers was ok too. But I, personally, would like to check out the Catfish Aint Ugly store if its as good as you say it is.

8. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    ya i would definitely like to check out that store. please say that have shad non-frozen :sad:. but def. i would love to check that place out

9. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I'm interested, too. I usually hit Bushwackers - they sometimes sell frozen, whole shad, which is a heck of a lot better than the jar variety, and sometimes they have live sunfish. But if there is an actual catfishing place around Warsaw....

10. retired stump jumper

State:
    KANSAS
    Hey all you catmen Miss Betty is in Lincoln Mo. 32002 Sagrada Beach road
    I hope you have a lot of good luck.

11. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I knew about the frozen shad, since we used some of them. But do they really sell live sunfish? I didnt see that they had any there last time. If they do I may need to go back and check that out again sometime. Thanks for cluing me into this little bit too :)

12. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    The sunfish may be a seasonal thing - I got them there several times last year and the year before, but I've also been in there when they didn't have any. It's funny that we both go across town to Bushwackers, when The Station is right there by the dam.

What side do you fish on down there? I usually end up on the right side if you face downstream, up as close as I can get to the fence. I really don't have much to show for it but a lot of lost tackle, and a couple of nice paddlefish that rolled up in my line. I'm thinking of switching to the opposite side, around where the new channel and old channel meet.

13. retired stump jumper

State:
    KANSAS
    Sorry about this fellows but I just found out about this a few minutes ago. The bait & tackle store in Lincoln Mo. is no longer in operation Catfish aint ugly is no more. I guess they did not have enough businessto keep them open, or they moved out of the state. I have`nt found out yet.