Truman Lake Info

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by mjdinstl314, May 11, 2009.

1. mjdinstl314

mjdinstl314 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am preparing for this weekends get together at Truman. Does anybody have any helpful information as far as the fishing goes? I guess the best fishing is at the dam? What kind of gear will we need? Anybody planning on running trot lines? What about jugs? I have never been there. I am looking forward to this weekends activities. We will be at campsite # 33.

Thank You!

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    jug fishing is hot right now on truman I have a buddy doing very well with stationary and floating jugs around 15 to 30 foot deep .

upper osage arm around osceola is good right now also for rod and reel in truman .

below the dam is flat out on fire for catfish In 4 nights caught around 1200 lbs worth of blue cats and chris ( catman 1979 ) and me caught between 700 -800 lbs worth friday and saturday night .

i got a few pics on the truman tail race friday night fishin fever thread .

all fish was caught on live and cut shad . biggest was close to 50 lbs with several from 15 - 40 lb range.

you will have a fun time for sure .

good luck :wink:

3. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Scotty try to not to have em all sore lipped by this weekend if you could.:wink:

4. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    trottlining below the dam is awsome right now also . but you have to set them below highway 65 bridge its about 3 miles below the dam .
    they dont allow trottlining or jug linning above the bridge .

5. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    no worries brother the river is full of cats and only gonna get better from now to the week end . they turned the flood gates back on last night so the fishing will be awsome !!!!!

good luck :wink:

6. mjdinstl314

mjdinstl314 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like you guys are slaying them!! I am looking forward to the weekend!!

Thanks again!

Michael