Truman Lake - Going fishing this upcoming sat

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by trashman, Feb 12, 2007.

1. trashman

trashman New Member

State:
    buffalo
    any body know if i could get a boat in the water below the dam at truman

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    There was ice below the dam today.

3. SeaArk1

SeaArk1 New Member

State:
    Sedalia, Missouri
    I was down there on saturday and couldnt put the boat in the dead water but went down to park was able to put in. They are running water off and on through the generators so if they keep it up you should be able to get in at the park just fine.

4. trashman

trashman New Member

State:
    buffalo
    hey fellas thanks for the info.They say its going to be 40 out sat evrybody should come on out

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Sounds like 2 more days of cold Brent and then up in the 50's by next week.
    It's about time..May try to get out on Truman this Sun. Good luck out there..

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Sounds like fun. I'm trying to talk brad into going to truman this weekend. I got this brand new motor on my boat and I want to run it.

7. Cut bait

Cut bait New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Let use no how it goes this week end.

8. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've got company coming out this weekend, but I have the next week off, so I should be able to get out then. I am thinking of heading below the dam there Tuesday. From what the Weather Channel says I might get a bit damp, but a high of 59 won't be bad at all. And the warm-up we are supposed to get this weekend should clear any ice there.

9. catcrappie

catcrappie New Member

State:
    missouri
    hi guys, first time in, looks like a great site, we still have ice up here on talley bend/truman lake, but ramps have opened up some, hopefully after next week we will be in fish

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Shawnee bend ramp is open above the dam.
    Below the dam is also open today.

11. trashman

trashman New Member

State:
    buffalo
    nice to meat you catcrappi welcome to the club. ok fellas tomarro is the day. me and the boy have decided to fish off the bank under the 7 highway bridge any body can come out if they want hope to be their by 9am.

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Jim and I are going up on Truman in the morning.
    Will put in at shawnee bend, if you see his River-Pro out there stop by and say hello. Besides we may need to borrow some bait off ya....:0a18:

13. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Put some extra rope on your throw net, Troy - you'll probably have to look 40 to 60 ft deep for shad...

14. trashman

trashman New Member

State:
    buffalo
    well kids we got skunked but had a blast

15. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Well you know what they say about a bad day of fishin Brent. The wind was pretty bad yesterday, hope you stayed warm. Had to do some running around yesterday or would have stopped by to see ya.
    Headed out in about a hour to try our luck on Truman, looks like the wind died. Hope it warms up a little. Will let you know later today on how we did.

16. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good luck Troy I'm going to try to get up there one day this week and give it a try. See if you can tie me up some shad.

17. trashman

trashman New Member

State:
    buffalo
    sorry about the short post last time . We had a cople real good pulls just could not get a hook set trying circle hooks still getting used to them . my son found out that river mud can eat a boot. i'l be back out weekend after next.