Truman Lake flathead catfish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by TomV, Jun 4, 2007.

1. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    The Flathead bite is on at Truman Lake. Reports of many Flatheads being caught this past week and past weekend.

This weekend a 40, a 45 and a 71 pound were a few that were reported being caught. I got to see the 45 but not the 71.

And I caught a 30 pound Flathead, BUT it was on a trotline. He was caught on live bluegill, in the shallows, 3 - 5 feet of freshly flooded timber.

If the lake doesn't go down to much between now and next weekend and if they don't move in to spawn; I'll have a good idea where to find a big one, and I'll be there with rod and reel.

Attached Files:

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Not bad for a guy who never caught a flathead until a few weeks ago!

Hope you put that big girl back so she can go make babies...

(BTW - I see you figured out how to keep your from being moved... Always mention a Missouri lake or riverif you want it to stay in the Missouri section :big_smile:)

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Thanks for the info. This is post number 10 for this newbie so now I can check out the pic you posted. Yeah!

4. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    All right Tom, great to see that big smile when someone has experienced catching a trophy fish, that pumped feeling will stay for a week. Congradulations friend.

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey Michael, you need to take me fishing buddy. Thats a nice Cat you got there in your Avatar. I am in Winfield, only a few miles away. LOL

Getting ready to buy a boat, financing approved. Can't decide on a Big Jon or a Bass Boat.

Darryl

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Way to go Tom! Nice fish bro... Hope you beat the 71 out there this week.

7. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Man I'd give anything to have one of those babies pulling on the end of my line. Pictures of them big flatheads are what keeps me from getting excited about fly fishing for trout next weekend when I go on vacation to Taneycomo lol.:lol:

8. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Great job Tom they can only get bigger,Well smaller too i guess lol

9. osage

osage New Member

State:
    Grain Valley Mo.
    After this post a will actually be able to see the picture.:big_smile:

10. osage

osage New Member

State:
    Grain Valley Mo.
    Nice fish, brings back memories with my Grandpa. running trotlines on the Osage.

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thats a nice flattie ya got there!!! No matter what method you got him on,its a nice catch!

12. limitedlate55k

limitedlate55k New Member

State:
    Missouri
    cool, im going to put out my first trotline this weekend on truman, my buddies have been catching alot of channels, ive caught a few there, i havnt ever had my own line so im going to try er out.

13. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Congrats Tom on a fine catch!!! I hope you're able to fight one on rod n reel!!!!