Truman June 2

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by safetybass, Jun 6, 2006.

1. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Had a nice day on the lake Friday at Truman. Wolfie, Ginger was back! Had a bikini in the boat and a white pomeranian, too. My daughter was along, so we caught some crappie (actually, probably 60). The important score, however, was 1 channel, 2 blues, a third broke off at the boat, and one lower unit.

Now that last one put a damper on things. How I love fishing Truman.

The good news is the cats were biting on our minnow rigs we were using for crappie. 7 feet down in 15-20 feet of water, and they weren't running water, at least that I could tell. Bad news is, those are the last fish I'll be catching for a while. :sad2:

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Sorry to hear about the lower unit - hope you get it fixed soon and can do it without breaking the bank!

I might be too paranoid, but I try to avoid running the engine at all when I'm near trees or rocks - much rather tear the trolling motor up than the engine!

3. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Larry, sorry to hear about your motor dilema hope you can get that fixed reasonably. Sounds like the fishing was good and your daughter should of really enjoyed catching all those crappie. Did you keep them or toss 'em back? Oh, down Wolfie, down... good boy. lol

4. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My daughter was the one in the bikini. Ginger likes a 1-piece. My daughter thought it was fun to lay across the back deck and see how many bass boats she could divert. She was successful a few times.

Wolfie, I didn't call you because I was worried about your health. Didn't need you having a stroke out there.

Most of the crappie went right back in the lake. Not because I was in a forgiving mood, they were just deformed. Their tails grew too close to their nose.

I wasn't anywhere near the point by the ramp at Osage Bluff, Wolfie. I was actually up in Tebo Creek. It will be expensive, even with insurance.