truman juggin

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by flatheadshome, Jul 20, 2008.

1. flatheadshome

flatheadshome New Member

State:
    missouri
    took 28 jugs on truman from 10 last nite till about 1:30 this morning using large shad in 20 ft on the flat and caught over 20 blues most around 12 ft of down stageing apx 70 lbs of fish, but again largest was around 8 lbs and just kept enough for a mess.

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Sounds like a nice night! You've got more energy than me - I'm way too lazy to catch that much bait and chase that many jugs:big_smile:

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Shannon. Sounds like your eatin fish about now.:wink:

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Sounds like you had a good time - thanks for the report. I tried jugging at night a couple of times on Truman, it was a dismal failure both times...

5. flatheadshome

flatheadshome New Member

State:
    missouri
    so howed things go at the turnament last nite below the dam ??

6. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Took 70 some pounds to win it. Had 18 boats. They should have the full results posted later.

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Sounds like a good night Shannon. Welcome to the BOC.

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Thanks for the report and welcome to the BOC Shannon.
    Judith the kids and I really have a blast when we run the floater jugs. I just drive and they do the running and baiting, It's a lot of fun when you have several going down at the same time and it keeps them busy. We havent jugged in quite a while and may have to give it a try soon.

9. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Jugging is a lot of work if your alone-most people think its a lazy mans way of fishing...it ain't!!

I very rarely trotline alone,too many bad things can happen/but jugging has been safe so far,just a lot of work alone.

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've put jugs on a lake and had 'lazy' results, but I do most of my jugging in the river, and that keeps me busy as a man getting eat up by skeeters in a poison ivy patch.