Truman is warming up

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mr.T, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Water temp today is 44 - up 2 degrees from yesterday. Can't be long now before things really get moving... Good rain yesterday should bring the level up just a tad also and maybe they can start running some water at the dam.

Hoping to get out this weekend and chase after a few crappie and maybe even a catfish or two... Anybody else heading out?

2. SeaArk1

SeaArk1 New Member

State:
    Sedalia, Missouri
    I'll be fishin this weekend for sure. Probably gonna hit the sale at Bass Pro too so dont know if I will be going after crappie or cats. Be a perfect opportunity to drop off the boat in Columbia for a little work but cant seem to fit it in with all the fishin.

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I've gotta work the week end or I would sure join you guys.
    Good luck to you all going, it should be a nice out there....

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Got out for several hours today near Windsor Crossing before the storms rolled in. One tiny little crappie and that's it. We saw lots of big fish on channel drop-offs and tossed out some cut shad but didn't get even a single bite. Wind was a bit obnoxious, but the new boat performed fine in it's second outing -- managed to take some of the new off when I high-centered us on a stump and then tagged another with the prop a bit later...

Water temp was 53F so it can't be long now before things really get active. Or at least, that's what I keep telling myself.

I'll be out next weekend if the weather holds...

5. SeaArk1

SeaArk1 New Member

State:
    Sedalia, Missouri
    Saturday

Put 10 more crappie beds out at the end of TT, pulled the boat out and put in at Sterrett and weighted down 6 great big dead cedars that we pulled down off the bank. Pulled the boat out again and put in down at the Harbor below the dam. We tried drifting for about an hour and got hit hard by the rain. We stuck it out for another 30 minutes but we had my buddies little girl with us so we hung it up. Not even a bite!!

Sunday

Went to big sale at Bass Pro Shop ($575 hit), got home to Sedalia at 3:30PM and started unloading stuff and fired up the grill for BBQ with bunch of buddies, tornado sirens everywhere, justed missed the house by about a mile. WWHHHEWWWW!!:crying: