Truman gathering..

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by NoCat2Big, May 21, 2006.

1. NoCat2Big

NoCat2Big New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo
    I just missed something I thought I would never miss (The frigin BOC catfish get together), but I had the opportunity to WORK!!!! I know that 4 letter word doesn't go well with some folks around here, but for those of us down here in this area where we fish every day, you take the chance when you can. So I did. Hey Spoony, I saw you leave out Friday, I was wishing I was heading with you!!! Was working at Lake Hills Quick Stop.. (Jerry's Place) He was fishing that damn Crappy Tourny at Rathburn Lake in Iowa.. (crappie masters)

Just talked to one of our brothers on the phone who went back to warrensburg ( I think) and said fishing sucked.... Glad I missed the sucky fishing but I am very sorry I missed the opportunity to meet my friends here on the board,..,.

So here is what I would like to suggest. "Osage Catfish Festival 2006"

I DO NOT LIKE TRUMAN LAKE. If you want to fish all day to catch a limit, go to Truman.. If You want to fish for 15 minutes and catch your limit, then start culling fish all night long then come over to the what I call the southern osage.. AKA LOZ, AKA, truman Tailrace. The 2-15 miles south of Truman dam.

From Truman dam to about 15 miles down stream there is the best catfishing to be had in this entire USA (as far as I am concerned)!!!!!!!

I have plenty of land to provide for camping (10 acres), 2 showers, and some electricity to supply for those who want to come. (Along with an extra outhouse.

I am thinking the weekend after the 4th of July. If anyone has a better idea let me know. But I just want to give everyone the opportunity to get in on this. On the RIVER we always catch fish, so you won't go home empty handed, (even if I have to catch them for you .. LOL)!!!

Anyway.. Missouri needs at least ONE MORE GATHERING before the FALL season. (and I'm dammed ticked off that I had to work through this one (unless you all are going to fish Sunday too, then I'll be there) and I'd really like to meet some more of my brothers on here)

So if you want another, post here and say you are in, or give me/us a date you could make. we'll makeit ahppen, and I'll make sure to have the time off as well.

2. NoCat2Big

NoCat2Big New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo
    Oh, one reason there wasn't many cats caught was probably the drop in water level. they have been running some water through the dam. which makes the fishing better below the dam and sh1ty in the lake.

But that is just a guess.
    :sure: :misdoubt: :choler: :hell_boy: :boss:

3. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Chris, I pulled my boat up to the gathering this morning, nothing was going on or else most of the guys were fishing or asleep. I talked to Rockhound and his bunch for a good hour(very nice guys) and we swapped tales of catfishing and catcatching. I was prepared to take a couple of guys fishing but I guess they were in there tents sleeping so I went down and worked on my wifes cafe till this evening. It would be nice to have another get together with some kind of schedule(I know how tough that is). Ditto on the LOZ!

I took my son-n-law and brother-n-law fishing this evening we got a few but no bigs. I also talked to Anthony Ford yesterday and he's been doing pretty good down on the big water(closer to bagnel). Hannibal Mike,Spoonfish, I'm sorry I missed you guys but we will do it again. See ya on the water!

4. zero tolerance

zero tolerance New Member

State:
    Saint Joseph, M
    I am going to Truman this weekend to sparrows foot. Where is the best place to go and tell me more about the river side as opposed to the lake.

Thanks,Josh

5. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Ron sorry we missed you hannible mike and i where out fishing,so where several others ,troy will be putting up a list of people who made it.well it was a good weekend ,not many fish caught ,but got to meet alot of good people, will be on here later to tell more.

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Chris sounds great to me ,i know of some good flats down there

7. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    I want to thank , Troy and his wife for, their work in getting everything going and making, everyone welcome. met some new people, and enjoyed talking, to them, and seeing some new water, and learned the racoon, can get friendly, hope the guys from, Iowa had safe trip back, and thanks for helping me get rid of the scrap wood.

8. katmandue

katmandue New Member

State:
    Bonne Terre, MO
    Well, I missed my first BOC gathering, but I'd like a chance to redeem myself. If there's another shindig this fourth, I'm game.

9. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    Well, we didn't catch too much, but it was a great, great weekend for meeting everyone and good weather. Troy and Judith did a great job with their smoker, interesting boat setups, rigs to discuss, and nice people. Truman park was a good place to stay. Coonx brought a lot of interesting baits, rigs, and equipment. If you get a chance to go to a MO boc get togther, try to make it. Nice people. Thanks again to Troy (spoonfish) and Judith. Sorry to miss you Bigmagic, but I'm sure that we'll fish in the future. Thanks to Fishingbuddy4 for his instruction and taking me drift fishing. Members, I think Robert (fishingbuddy4) has a lot of good technique for drift fishing. Hannibal Mike

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Chris I can't believe you missed the gathering for a 5 dollar a hour job. LOL
    You gotta get your prioritys straight brother :too_sad:

I would be game for another if you get one going. Let use know and we will be there, provided I don't have to work....:wink:

11. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Thanks mike your welcome in my boat anytime,and thanks to troy and judith for some good eats and a camper to sleep in,I am looking to try to make the fishing areas of everyone who was at the gathering ,you are a good bunch of fisherman.

12. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi all, Ya we made it back to Iowa alright. Dave, Mike, and myself thouroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thanks spoonfish and the Mrs. for the fine food, and the great hospitality. I/we enjoyed talking to all of the BOC members we met. I'm glad you all put up with Mike, he is full od questions and a lot of energy, and I'm hoping he got enough practice with the cast net to take that job over.lol Dave caught a 12 lb Blue just over the hill fron spoonfishes campsite, The fishing wasn't what I would have wished but the chance to get away with a good friend, my son, and felloe BOC people was priceless Thanks Andy

13. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I can't believe he is adverse to water, if he just walks by a mud puddle it jumps up on him.lol Mike is going to attend his last day of school tomorrow, and he is after me to take him to the river. He is if you all noticed a fisherman in the making. I'm going to start turning more of the boat duties over to him this year. Well glad to have met a lot of BOC ers, hope everyone is recovering after the weekend. Later Andy/Dave and Mikey

14. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    Hello everyone the only thing I have to say is the best time I had was when Andy and I was fishing in his boat by Spoons camp site and we was watching three people one guy setting up and showing two kids how to chum from shore that was great I wish I had the energy of those two young kids Mikey and the lil 9 year old young lady those my friends are our future fishermen/women I really enjoyed just watching everything everyone on the bank thanks for the great time (I just wish I would have remembered to take pics with the camra I brought lol)

15. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    Wolf, I think that was your daughter I seen fishing on the bank between where spoon and I were camping..I was sitting on the bank fishin with hot dogs because all the bait was in the boat with my son who was supposed to have been back in 30 minutes ... after watching her catch her third perch I tried to get one of them off of her for bait..she flat turned me down saying "All these fish go back!"