truman drifting reports

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishscotty, Jul 23, 2009.

1. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    I havnt been drifting yet this year my dad and a couple of my friends have went a few times and so far not much success .

just wondering if any of you guys have had much luck drifting .

I hope to get to go before to long be nice to fish a different style for awhile .

im gonna try a local lake saturday night for channels and flathead or 2.

cant wait to read some reports from yall :big_smile:

good luck guys and gals !!!!

2. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    been some Scotty,hit and mis for me on the upper osage!
    Cool front seemed to put down for a bit but the weather is going to straighten out this next week.

3. hereflattieflattie

hereflattieflattie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We did a few weeks ago and caught a 40lb Flat and a 20lb Blue. That was about it. From the 65 bridge for about 2 miles

4. hereflattieflattie

hereflattieflattie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Btw, my band is playing down at Big daddy's in Nemo Missouri for any of the BOC Bros that might be around there. 9-1 friday and Saturday night. Catfishing afterwards. Good old rock and roll with a little bit of country mixed in here and there.

5. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    thanks for the reports guys !!!!!!:big_smile:

good job Matt and steve !!!! :wink:

6. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    any body been drifting on truman last few weeks ???

if so how did ya do ???

7. cats only

cats only New Member

State:
    missouri
    I was out last sunday. I drifted the Hogals creek area. We caught eight fish total. The biggest was 14lb. They were caught in about 16 to 22 ft. All together the fish we caught were nice fish but the bite was still slow.We fished a total of five hours. Every thing was caught on cut bait.

8. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    Still a little slow the real good days have been far and few between.This is the 4th coolest july on record!!!!!!!!

That has to have something to do with the sporadic bite.

9. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    nah say it aint so

what i hear is the redneck hillbillies caught and kept them all :crazy: lol

10. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    thanks for the updates guys :big_smile::wink:

11. catfish Wizard

catfish Wizard New Member

State:
    Independence missouri
    Fished weds caught 7 blues big fish was 30lb we kept 7 fish about 3 to 5lb Very tough right now Last 3 weeks we have blanked many times hope this is the turn around . Fished in the morning 8.30 to 1.30 most fish came from drifting from 4ft to 22ft on lose line no weight small peaces of bait I mean very small like 1inch by 3inch long, [heads sides live no hits] But who knows it might be different today.Good luck guys

12. driftin blues

driftin blues New Member

State:
    mo
    Saturday fished 3 hours slow lots of nibbles, fish not in mood caught 6 blues. Sunday what a turnaround fish very aggresive, 2 of us caught over 30 fish. 20 to 25 feet was best for us. No big ones but lots of nice eater sized, and fast action. Not much wind until late in the day so the autopilot was key, running countour lines with 20 ft seeming to be the magic number for the day. Later in the day used small drift sock with autopilot, trying to keep around .9 to 1 mph. Bite was strong at higher speeds, not so great at .4 or .5. Live cut jumbo shad was the medicine, sides were producing the most. I wish I could have been there today I bet it was even better, with this warmup hopefully the bite will get to where it should be for this time of year, sunday was a great day on Truman, hopefully it is an omen for the next few weeks.

Fish with whatever legal means you choose, but think about releasing those big ones, it feels real good, and is the right thing to do.

13. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: great reports guys congrats and ty again !!!!

hopefully thursday i can give a report also :wink: gonna fish thursday threw sunday i think if all goes well

14. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    well went drifting on truman today found huge shad easy went to the spot i wanted to fish threw out the drift sock and all was good had some bites and caught 1 around 4 lbs in about 30 minutes , then the darn wind stop blowing :angry::angry: and was slow very slow after that , allmost gave up but wanted to keep fishin .

took my son and dad back to the ramp it just got too hot for them without the wind blowing ,, then i went back and finally around 4 this afternoon a nice breeze came and the fish started biting again .

caught about a dozzen is all tho biggest was a 8 lb channel, rest was blues from 2 to 5 lbs

fished in 11 foot to 27 foot of water .

im gonna try it again tomorrow .

15. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    Put it on 'em tomorrow Scotty,thanks for the report.

16. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    Im gonna try atleast the wind is supose to blow all day long at 17 mph news said ..

i will post how it went tomorrow night .

thanks matt :wink:

17. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Thanks Scotty, the way the water is on the Osage in Oceola, I do not think I'll be able to put my boat in even in the town. :sad2:

So I might try in your area on the 24th & 25th. Would you please leave me one or two. :crazy: :smile2:

18. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    well went drifting again today and had plenty of wind found big shad easy in 5 to 15 foot of water on a gravel bank .

about the same as yesterday fished from 10 am or so to 2 pm caught around 10 or 12 nothin over 5 lbs fished seemed to be in 20 to 30 foot .

still very slow action so far this time of year :sad2::sad2: or i need to find a new spot .

after 2 hot days with not much action im done for awhile think i will go home tomorrow and take my son swiming or do sumthin in the A/C :wink:
    lol

please keep the reports comming guys and gals and good luck :big_smile:

19. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    Think I will try it at smithville tomorrow during the day scotty, mght be a disaster beings its my first time, keep your phone on ya, lmao, dont know how good it will work, but i do have a good spot in mind. Hopefully I will have pics to show you on sunday afternoon.

20. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: feel free to call me buddy and i will do my best to help ya :wink:

good luck man i hope ya catch a bunch !!!!!!:wink::big_smile: